Claimed:Latino in the News: 5th Edition [Reviewed] [2/2]

Latino in the News: Adjusting to the Bigs

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3edb0eed29a5784b

It has been a very long time since we sat down with Felipe Rodriguez, now with the Quebec City Meute. Last time we spoke to him he was playing for the Saskatoon Wild of the VHLM.  Since then he has been called up to the VHL to play on the second pairing for the struggling club. Last year he put up very good numbers coming in fourth overall in points behind current teammate Unassisted. He had a lot to build upon from last year and we’re looking forward to following his progress in the VHL.

Interviewer: “What has been the hardest thing to get used to at this next level?”

Flip: “I think it’s just the overall talent. Last year I was a big fish in a fairly small pond. This year, I just got released into the ocean and I’m not one of the biggest fish anymore. It’s been a learning curve for sure but I am adjusting well, I think anyway.”

Interviewer: “You didn’t take home any hardware from the S47 VHLM Awards. Were you surprised by that?”

Flip: “Not at all. Everyone who won was very deserving of their awards. I would have loved to get something but it just wasn’t in the cards. I need to focus all my attention on the future now.”

Interviewer: “What do you expect from yourself personally this season?”

Flip: “I think with my recent improvement on defense, I should be playing a more balanced game. Everyone gets all the accolades for putting up the most points, not for preventing the points to be scored. I like to think I can do both very well. I started the season off a little sluggish but I’ve picked things up recently. My promotion to first power play unit should also help me out. That’s the spot I like to be in.”

Interviewer: “What about as a team? How do you think you’ll be this year as a group?”

Flip: “Uhhh, do you want my honest answer? Probably not too well. We have several talented guys in key positions but we’re just not where we need to be to compete yet. I think another down year or two and we’ll be right in the thick of things. I wish I could sit here and tell you we have a chance to win it all this year but I just don’t think it’s in the cards. Not yet anyway.”

Interviewer: “There’s a lot of hubbub surrounding a certain Titan Kronos that may or may not be Quebec City property. What can you tell us about that and what’s your opinion on the matter?”

Flip: “I try to keep out of all the drama and media circuses that go on throughout the season. This one was a little more personal though since it directly impacted my team. I personally don’t think that they should be able to renege after they made their decision. But I also think that what was said by certain GMs also came off the wrong way and gave the wrong impression. Ultimately, I respect their decision and I’m just glad it’s behind us now. We can focus on the on-ice issues rather than be distracted by what’s going on off the ice.”

Interviewer: “Well, that’s all the time we have for this interview. Any closing words for us?”

Flip: “Thanks for taking the time to sit down with me. It’s been too long. One last thing…go Quebec City. Keep an eye on us, we’re making improvements and we’ll be competing sooner than you think.”

Interviewer: “Alright, back to Maite Perroni in the studio.”

(609 words)

Review:

I'll be rooting for you, Felipe! You look sad in that picture, probably because you miss Sask:ph34r: . Good article, I always like interview style. The formatting wasn't the best though, it's hard to find where you end and the interviewer begins. Other than that the content is great, nice to see more media spots by you.

609 words :D

Edited by ADwyer87

3 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

Review:

I'll be rooting for you, Felipe! You look sad in that picture, probably because you miss Sask:ph34r: . Good article, I always like interview style. The formatting wasn't the best though, it's hard to find where you end and the interviewer begins. Other than that the content is great, nice to see more media spots by you.

609 words :D

Sorry, I typed it up in word then pasted it over here and forgot to check formatting. My bad. 

Review: Yeah, I definitely agree with AD. Spacing it out would make this thing so much easier to read lol. Interview style is a good way to go because it allows a little more insight to your player's personality. Makes it more interesting when the players handle these situations differently than each other. Keep up the good work!