How many recruitment points I get for this thread?

JPL

9 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

If someone made a player called Join SHL, I wouldn't stop them from joining the league or say anything other than nice name tbqhimho

Everyone is better than you bojo

27 minutes ago, JPL said:

Everyone is better than you bojo

9 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

He gets this in the SHL too so I don't know what he's complaining about.

Wait, what happened. When did I start complaining.

giphy.gif

oh jeeplez quoted the wrong post. what a nub.

Edited by Bojo

• Commissioner

I just went through and read that topic, now I remember why I don't go into the SHL very often.

Im fine if people prefer that league to this one, everyone is allowed to have their opinions just as I am allowed to have my own. I was in both leagues during S1 and honestly found I liked the VHL more; even after being suspended for a full season.

The thing I don't care for, and maybe it's just he specific threads I see, is that certain members (I'm not blaming everyone) get immediately defensive when the VHL is even mentioned and immediately start trying to talk us down. The SHL can call us elitist all they want but the fact is that maybe our "elitism" results in members with slightly better attitudes towards things.

Again, this isn't a shot at the SHL, just certain members, but it's a vibe I get often.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Bojo said:

I used to get a "We're better than you" vibe from this place when I first joined. I can't remember specific posts, but it did feel like a bit of elitism. 

Since i came back, I haven't gotten that impression. I like my Bern LR and people seem pretty chill. 

I don't know when you first joined but there definitely was more of a vibe like that coming from both leagues back in the day. The VHL wasn't THAT far into its life cycle when the SHL came about and I think that people were a little on the defensive. Plus, in general, we were all young and stupid back in the day.

Honestly, neither league is "better" than the other. In certain aspects I believe we do things better and in certain aspects I believe they do things better. It just comes down really to where you enjoy being more. For some that's here, for some that's there, and for some it's both. There's no reason for really any other attitude.

46 minutes ago, JPL said:

The point of this is it was just a joke that SHL members blew out of proportion.

It was like 5 guys tops complaining about it.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

The point of this is it was just a joke that SHL members blew out of proportion.

tbf JPL, more people joined VHL because of your post than people who complained about it.

and most people who complained were just made that you recreated again :P

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

well yeah, that's because he'll never finish Blockey.

Gawdammit I can't even hide from that here.