How many recruitment points I get for this thread?

JPL

18 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

some of these SHL guys are super angry people...

HEY SCREW YOU TOO.

see what i did there

50 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

some of these SHL guys are super angry people...

Not really angry but offended way too easily

22 minutes ago, Victor said:

VHL so omnipotent we make SHL fight about us without even posting!

I've barely even posted lol 

You guys realize that the SHL is your best recruitment source and alienating the population is really bad for the league? Promoting that kind of behaviour is probably a bad thing for the league.

Instead of creating rifts that don't need to be there, we should be trying to create an amicable relationship between the two leagues. I'm so tired of saying this, but jesus christ.

3 minutes ago, Jala said:

You guys realize that the SHL is your best recruitment source and alienating the population is really bad for the league? Promoting that kind of behaviour is probably a bad thing for the league.

Instead of creating rifts that don't need to be there, we should be trying to create an amicable relationship between the two leagues. I'm so tired of saying this, but jesus christ.

You're making this a much bigger issue than it is. There's literally nothing going on in this thread, and somehow this "kind of behavior" is bad for the league.

I have no idea why you get so worked up over any thread involving the SHL here. You and I both know there are shitheads in this league that will trash the SHL for whoever knows why and the same is in the SHL too. 

14 minutes ago, Jala said:

Is there really a rift there? 

It's not an isolated incident. The SHL = anal autocorrect, eagles random and unnecessary trolling and all the other shit. Recruitment is a problem here, we all know it. Whether or not any 'high standing member' from here was the one doing it, any trolling like that is bad for population.

The SHL had more members log in TODAY then the VHL has at the highest point in history.

The same response always pops up. 'Who cares, they do it too, it's not a big deal, etc.' I made sure to let new members on both sides about the other. There are things that turn members off here, moreso then SHL, and recruitment is an issue that keeps coming up. We should all be working towards the goal of creating a community as a whole for hockey sim leagues, rather then being worried that the SHL will steal away first-gens from here.

I'm not obligated to give a shit about whether or not we retain members anymore, so if you guys don't, I don't.

inb4: You were shit recruitment head, you went inactive and fucked over Toronto, etc, etc.

1 minute ago, Jala said:

It's not an isolated incident. The SHL = anal autocorrect, eagles random and unnecessary trolling and all the other shit. Recruitment is a problem here, we all know it. Whether or not any 'high standing member' from here was the one doing it, any trolling like that is bad for population.

The SHL had more members log in TODAY then the VHL has at the highest point in history.

The same response always pops up. 'Who cares, they do it too, it's not a big deal, etc.' I made sure to let new members on both sides about the other. There are things that turn members off here, moreso then SHL, and recruitment is an issue that keeps coming up. We should all be working towards the goal of creating a community as a whole for hockey sim leagues, rather then being worried that the SHL will steal away first-gens from here.

I'm not obligated to give a shit about whether or not we retain members anymore, so if you guys don't, I don't.

inb4: You were shit recruitment head, you went inactive and fucked over Toronto, etc, etc.

The anal thing was literally two years ago. A year and a half at least. And while I don't know who was responsible for it, I still don't know how anyone could have gotten so salty about it then, and I don't know how it could have been such a big negative thing that it's being brought up now.

And honestly, I would need to see specific quotes from specific SHL members who would say they refuse to come here because we're dicks to the SHL. The leagues have co-existed for SIX real life years. That's ample time for any one person to see what the other league is all about if that's something they're interested in. And I've never been worried about the SHL stealing first-gens (or members in general) from here, and I don't know who would be, so I don't know where that comment came from. You'd probably be hard-pressed to find a single member who began in the VHL and eventually became SHL-exclusive. It is fairly often than an SHLer will come over and decide they prefer their old league better, and that's fine, but that's not them poaching first-gens, and I doubt they made that decision because WE'RE the negative ones. Like you said, there's more people there. (Due to it initially being a much easier league, I'd guess. But that's neither here nor there.)

If anything, it's stirring drama where there isn't any in threads like this (or some of gorlab's earlier bullshit threads from two years ago) and making it visible that would do any damage.

Like I said, I don't know what goes on over at the SHL on any regular basis, or how often VHLers specifically troll people over there. I'd hope/assume not very much. There's certainly little enough negativity about the SHL over here though. If you REALLY CAN back up some of the claims you're making, I would honestly really appreciate that, so we can actually make an effort to change that. But right now it's just a he-said she-said in a league I don't belong to.

I used to get a "We're better than you" vibe from this place when I first joined. I can't remember specific posts, but it did feel like a bit of elitism. 

Since i came back, I haven't gotten that impression. I like my Bern LR and people seem pretty chill.