Headlines [Reviewed]

Tagger

Fantasy%20Hockey%20Trophy%20-%20skater.j

Game Winning Goals Record Under Threat Once Again

It feels like just yesterday I was writing about how Jorma Ruutu needed two game winning goals in five games to break what was then the oldest individual record in VHL history. Just one season after Ruutu broke that record though, it looks like it’s once again under threat from a fellow New York American, Edwin Reencarnacion. With ten games left in the season, Reencarnacion has recorded 16 game winning goals, which currently ranks as the fifth most in VHL history. To set his own game winning goal record, Reencarnacion will require three game winning goals in those ten games but we’re sure he’ll be more than satisfied if he were to only pick up two game winning goals and join his team-mate Ruutu in the record books.

trophy_norrislg.jpg

Labatte Award Still Up for Grabs

A week ago I wrote an article that included a piece on Arcturus Mengsk and how his goal tally to that point (32) was the best that we’d seen since the move to the invisionzone forums. I did also speculate that perhaps Mengsk would not be able to keep that form up as with 21 games left to play, he had gone on a run of seven games without a goal. Fast forward eleven games and Mengsk has only picked up one goal in that time, meaning he’s scored one goal in his last eighteen games. While anything can happen in hockey, it seems unlikely that Mengsk is going to be able to challenge Alexander Valiq’s terrific goal tallies, but his concern should now turn to trying to recapture some semblance of that form if he’s to pick up the Labatte Award. After Mengsk had secured what looked like an insurmountable lead in points over his fellow defensemen heading into the All Star break, Mengsk is now only five points ahead of both Biggu Kyanon and Francis York Morgan with ten games still left to go. Morgan for a long time had looked like the main competitor to Mengsk having led the league in assists for a long time, but Kyanon is the player in form right now as he’s picked up 16 points in his last ten games, eleven more than Mengsk. As it stands, Mengsk is still the favourite for the award, but he’s in danger of throwing it all away if he does not improve soon.

American-Flag.jpg

USA lose main assets

Team USA were already heading into the Season 48 World Cup looking like the weakest team in the tournament, but a couple of trade deadline retirements have left the team in real problems.  If Team USA had one strength on their team, it was their goalie foundation, but with both Callum Sinclair and Blake Campbell electing to enter retirement a year early, Team USA will now likely look to Season 49 draftee AK47 to lead the ranks. While AK47 has shown promise to this point, you would expect this tournament to be too much, too soon for the youngster, especially considering this is a team sorely lacking in stars.

Review:

Great article! The longest standing record in the VHL could be broken two years in a row! It seems like you may have jinxed Mengsk, but hopefully he can pull it off. Sad for team USA, but I am part of whatever team Russian players go to so I am good!

517 words :D 

Edited by ADwyer87

• JPL changed the title to Headlines [Reviewed]
  • DollarAndADream locked this topic