Claimed:On Axelsson [Reviewed]

solas

On Axelsson
I think this has to be my first MS in around 3 or 4 years.  But the Mag is off this week and I need the TPE, and even though I could just submit a sig I’ve already made I’d rather just write a really long article about myself.

After my first player, Turd Ferguson, was basically an irrelevant player who won a VHLM MVP and couldn’t even get to 350 TPE, I’ve set goals for each of my player’s careers.  With Klaus Müller, a defenseman, it was to win a Beketov Trophy for the most assists in the league.  Admittedly that was a bit lofty for a two-way defenseman that was pretty much my first player with consistent activity, but regardless, that didn’t happen.  With Willem Janssen, my favorite player, I wanted to win a cup with Vasteras and captain the team for all eight seasons of my career.  That didn’t happen.  Finally, with Callum Sinclair, I wanted to either win a Shaw or a cup.  That didn’t happen either, as Sinclair was pretty average in the regular season and neither Davos nor Cologne even made it to the finals when I played for them.

So now that brings me to my current player, Theo Axelsson.  After a generally disappointing career with Sinclair, I want to rebound and be much more successful with Axelsson.  And I don’t think I’ve fully described my goals that I’ve set for this player, so I figured I’d just put it out there for whoever’s interested in knowing.  Axelsson probably won’t be my last player in this league, but I definitely want to make sure that I achieve some of the goals that I’ve set out upon reaching in the VHL.  My goals for Axelsson are possibly my loftiest of all of my players, but I definitely think achieving one or two of them is within reach.

Goal #1: Reach 1,000 TPE

ZXQXTnjB9U20gBu5Inqtqe0cZUIRJNBQXcpWBlXd

I realize that the top TPE earners now are going even higher than 1,000, but for me this has been a milestone I’ve wanted to reach ever since I started to become more active in this league.  The closest I’ve gotten was with Janssen, when I got to 968 TPE, and I honestly wish I’d waited on retiring and recreating until I reached 1,000.  To me it’s always seemed to be the mark of a superstar player in the league and of course I want to make a superstar player, especially when considering none of my previous players have really been stars.

With Axelsson, I think this is definitely attainable.  It’s possibly the easiest of the four that I have, mostly because it’s the one that I’m in the most control of.  I’ve already gotten a pretty fast start, as this is my first player since Müller that I’ve created at the trade deadline rather than the start of the season, and I’m already over 160 TPE before my first full season has even started.  Reaching 300 by the time of the VHL draft seems possible, and that’ll make it a lot easier to reach 1,000.

Goal #2: Win an Individual Award

xagTAsrOvT7ryas7OJi4gonko53x6tUjnDJKO67z

I’ve been here for almost 5 years and 30 seasons, and I’ve never won an individual award in the VHL.  That’s not my primary goal of being in this league, but I’d still like to win one.  I won a VHLM MVP award back in Season 22, but it’s not really that meaningful considering the fact that I was pretty much inactive for half the season and was tied for top scorer with someone who only had 50 TPE.  I remember I was nominated for a Dust’n Funk Trophy (most improved) with Janssen, but I’d like to have a more significant achievement than that.  This pretty much depends on what team I’m on as well as the other players in the league, but if I get a decent enough build and TPE count I think it’s within reach.

With Theo Axelsson, I’m making a goal-scoring two-way forward.  Obviously I’d love for Axelsson to be the next Leeroy Jenkins, but my immediate goal is to win one or two Boulet trophies. That’s why I’m already adding points to checking and defense.  But outside of that, I’d like to be a candidate for MVP at some point in my career.  That was a goal that I had with Janssen before being drafted to Vasteras, and that’s part of the reason why I’m not making an all-out defensive forward.  

Goal #3: Win a Continental Cup...or two

EyFhKIj6F6xSauJ4g6nYY4PLC4Cv-V8KIU5ry9hn

Just like with individual awards, I’ve won much more team awards in the VHLM than in VHL.  I’ve won two Founder’s Cups (with Vasteras in S27 and with Bratislava in S33) and I’ve only won one Continental Cup (with Calgary in S30).  I’ve also won four Prime Minister’s Cups in the VHLM (S19, S22, S26, S27) compared to one Victory Cup (S31).  I guess what I’m trying to say here is that I’d like to win some cups.  

As you can see, a lot of my team success has been around 20 seasons ago, and if I’m going to make Axelsson my most successful player I’d like to win at least one cup.  With each of my players, I’ve spent the majority of my career with the team that drafted me - all six seasons in Riga with Ferguson, five in Calgary with Müller, six in Vasteras with Janssen, and six and a half in Davos with Sinclair.  I’m hoping to do that as well with Axelsson simply because that’s what I enjoy more, as I think winning multiple cups with one team would be better.

Goal #4: Make a strong case for the Hall of Fame

fbJyreFFi49iWpWFSVjlFHR6iV2OmYPQoXzJhep8

As far as I know, none of the four players I’ve had have even been close to making the hall of fame.  Naturally, making the hall of fame is probably my main goal in this league, but it’s definitely going to be the most difficult to reach - which is why I’m saying I’d like to make a good case for getting in.  If I can achieve my other three goals, I think this is definitely reasonable.  I’m not aiming for the hall of fame right away, but I’d like to at least make it so my next player getting in isn’t out of the question.  That’s also part of the reason why I’m making Axelsson a two-way forward.  Winning a couple Boulets seems to be a much better path to the hall of fame than simply trying to make a goalscoring forward.  There’s a lot more people to compete with for MVP or top scorer.  I’ve already tried that with Janssen, and it didn’t work out.  Ultimately, making the HoF would be a bonus if I can achieve my other goals, but I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t want to.  

But even once I get to the point of adding to checking/strength, Maxwell won't get as many hits because of her size, so my career accolades will be more dependent on scoring goals, which is my number one priority anyway.

• JPL changed the title to Claimed:On Axelsson [Reviewed]