Claimed:Moscow Red Wolves New GM [Reviewed]

Dangles13

Recently I was given the chance to become the general manager of the Moscow Red Wolves when @StevenStamkos91 stepped aside citing personal reasons as the cause. I'd like to wish him all the best with his family and hope he still sticks around the VHL going forward. As I am relatively new to the whole general manager gig I figured that I should learn a little more about my players and highlight their on ice performance at this point in the season. 

The Forwards

LW - Thor Odinsson 

photo.php?if=tomas-hertl-2016-44.jpg

Drafted  4th overall by the Helsinki Titans this past offseason, Odinsson has come back to the VHLM to punish the rest of the league with his blistering shot and superhuman speed. You might think that the sun of a God might be big physical presence that runs around pounding the body but Thor is instead a speedy winger with possibly the greatest shot in the VHLM and above average puck skills. His 14 goals and 30 points in 24 games a testament to how skilled a player he is and his 189 shots is second most in the entire league.

RW - Travis Willcox

photo.php?if=chris-kunitz-2014-50.jpg

Willcox is two way forward who hails from Wales in the United Kingdom and he is a great compliment to Odinsson on the first line. Travis is never afraid to backcheck and get the puck going the right way and it doesn't matter if he uses his body or stick he is going to get that puck and send it up the ice. Willcox possess a quick wrist shot that has helped him grab the team lead in goals and has him sitting 7th in the VHLM for goals scored. Willcox is also leading the entire VHLM in hits by 18!

C - Mario Lee

photo.php?if=logan-couture-2014-44.jpg

The third and possibly most vital part of the first line of the Red Wolves is the playmaking pivot that centres the top line. Despite standing 6'4" Mario is not a physical player and only has 16 hits through 24 games but he relies on his brain and smart positioning to get the job done. Lee is third on the team in scoring but that is because he is defence first and his team leading +12 is proof enough that his play style is successful. The most impressive and important skill in Mario's toolbox happens to be his prowess on the dot, his 68.72% is first in the entire league and a big reason for Willcox and Odinsson's success so far.

LW - Jack Kraken

photo.php?if=david-backes-2016-36.jpg

The final forward on Moscow is smooth skating Icelandic Jack Kraken. Unfortunately Jack doesn't get minutes on the top line so his quality of linemate is low and it has affected his stats, he still has 10 goals in 24 games which isn't bad. If you get the chance to watch a Red Wolves game you can see his natural ability and it makes you hungry for what could be if given better opportunity.

The Defence

D - Guntis Petenis

latvia-defenseman-sandis-ozolins-lines-u

The top defenceman for Moscow is 6'8" behemoth Guntis Petenis who brings a snarl that embodies the Red Wolves new mentality perfectly. While no particular skill stands out for Petenis it is his size and tenacity that wins the heart of the coach every nigiht. Guntis has yet to meet a player that he won't fight but it won't be long before he finds that most will avoid him because of his killer instinct.

D - Kurt Pennyworth

photo.php?if=ryan-murray-2015-2330.jpg

The highest scoring defenceman on the Red Wolves is 6'0" two way talent Kurt Pennyworth. The young Canadian is a well rounded puck mover who definitely has some holes in his game but still has time to grow into what some scouts had hoped when they saw him play in high school.

D - Xavier Laine

patrik_laine_tappara.jpg

Another big boy from Scandinavia who excels in a two way position. Laine came in with some early promise and was a hard worker and recently reports have surfaced that GM Cody Black has spoke to Laine in person and told him that he needs to get his life sorted out if he ever wants to make it as a hockey player.

Edited by Dangles13

Review:

interesting article. I got to share a locker room with Petenis, hes a cool guy. Willcox is the face of Moscow, you need to keep him around, just a heads up. Also, why does Mario Lee look stoned out of his fucking mind? anyways, glad i could help teach you how to screw up a VHLM franchise :ph34r:

691 words :D 

Edited by ADwyer87

• FacePuncher changed the title to Claimed:Moscow Red Wolves New GM [Reviewed]