Yukon Rush Midseason Report

Victor

• Admin

We are exactly at the halfway mark of the regular season so it's time to assess how my first-gen-only experiment is going. Well, Yukon are top of the NA, two points off top in the league, so it's going pretty well. Plus I have lots of actives to shout out which is also a pleasing sign.wi

@Dangles13 - I read a suggestion to take Akerfeldt second overall and hope Donovan fell to my other first-rounder but it wasn't worth the risk. Great LR presence, now a VHLM GM and might go even higher in the S50 draft. Plus, has the build to match the TPE whoring.

@jjdynamite - The silent assassin. A secret weapon in Davos' prospect pool and until 2 sims ago Yukon's top line center - despite being a winger. Dynamite is the perfect team player.

@bukss_a - the star defenceman, well worth the 1st round pick. Also has provided nice trivia questions, though unfortunately the last one was #3 in S49 week 2 and no one actually picked it. Next time!

@Tixe - the diamond in the rough. Started off with me needing to get rid of Rene Bergeron, who, as old-timers will know, is far from a first-gen, in fact Tyler was around longer than most. Thought I'd at least try to get some reclamation project out of it and didn't miscalculate with Archer. The SHL connection with Dangles has provided one of the biggest steals back from the dead in a long time.

@Digg - Used my top waiver priority instantly on the first-gen to sign up during S49 and well worth it. Shored up a shoddy defence without Balders as Matthews matches bukss' attacking threat with a physical game. Already one of the VHLM's top hitters in less time played and an important LR member.

@Storm - not technically a first-gen but I made an exception since no one remembers his old player's name. Syeschel has been quietly effective, much like Storm, and should turn into a decent second-liner on some VHL team.

@JPL - with the precedent set above, I could safely trade for Mario Lee two days ago and it's already paying dividends. Yukon still has enough picks to keep going a few seasons and hopefully Lee will be part of that for a while - even if Riga have a bit of a steal on their hands and could take him off the Rush soon.

@riverriverriverriverriver - not all reclamation projects work out. I still have hopes of a comeback but for now Steel has become a 7th forward, not fulfilling the initial post-draft promise... yet.

@MikeyBoy - Surly McGrath, the benchwarmer with 3 minutes a game. Important for team spirit.

@Pavel_Ovechkin - somehow has 3 goals, perhaps should be used more. lolno

@Quinn Shmyr - a surprisingly effective 2nd line center, I'll keep him for as long as I can.

@FootF3tish - a shitty version of Luke Matthews before we got Luke Matthews

@xarzi - P.J. Jackson, Surly McGrath's best friend

@RMiner57 - fuck you Klajums

Second half of the season can be even better.

:yuk:  

36 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Victor you have done a great job building up by far the most active roster, and all of them being first gens to boot. Excellent worK!

I'd like to take 90% of the credit. :D

• Admin
1 hour ago, jjdynamite said:

Aww such kind words. Ima explode on the wing now right?

Already happened. ;)

1 minute ago, Dangles13 said:

I'd like to take 90% of the credit. :D

Lee has been a massive help, thank you!

9 minutes ago, Victor said:

Already happened. ;)

Lee has been a massive help, thank you!

I was gunna say #6 in league scoring ain't half bad. I mean it's no Donovan, but it'll do :)

6 minutes ago, jjdynamite said:

I was gunna say #6 in league scoring ain't half bad. I mean it's no Donovan, but it'll do :)

Not too bad at all. You should go up now that you're not worried about playing centre.