Claimed:Some All-Star Snubs [Reviewed]

The 49th all-star game is about to commence in the coming weeks and some big names did not make the team nor did they make the voting ballot. Here are some of the names that were left off the ballot and some who made the ballot but might not make the team. I present to you the biggest snubs from each team.

New York Americans: Forward Thaddeus Humbert

2aCBMmCY.jpeg

Thaddeus is having himself a good season this year in New York. He fails to join the ballot with his other teammates from New York such as Freedom McJustice, Jorma Ruutu and Edwin Reencarnacion. This season he has scored 12 goals and assisted on 37 for 47 points in 49 games. He is also a +12 and has a 8.82 shooting percentage which is better than Edwin's. He also has more points than Lord Karnage, is tied with Wolfgang Strauss and has 1 less than Benjamin Zeptenbergs. However what seems to be holding him back is his 7 PIM and 5 hits. I personally think people overrate hits just a tiny bit in this league but to each their own. 

Seattle Bears: Goaltender Jakub Holik

Mike+Smith+Los+Angeles+Kings+v+Arizona+C

Jakub Holik doesn't look like he will make the last two spots allotted to the 4 remaining goaltenders. His stats seem to match up to Artom Zhumbayev in my opinion and we have to take in the fact that Holik now plays in the harder North American Conference whereas Artom has played the whole season so far in the easier European Conference. Not taking anything away from Artom as he has been solid but I don't think people have thought about it that way. His season stats are 20-24-5 with a save percentage of 0.912 and a G.A.A of 2.60. He also put up 5 shutouts and assisted on 1 goal. He has saved 1459 pucks this season. 

Cologne Express: Forward Joel Jarvi

jasonspezza_stars.jpg

Here is one of the worst snubs this season, that is Cologne Express Forward Joel Jarvi. He has scored 19 goals and assisted on 38 goals for 57 points. He is also dead even on +/- to go with 45 hits and 51 shots blocked. The points stats are better than Bronsan Faux, Lord Karnage, Tyson Kohler, Wolfgang Strauss, Servrin Von Karma and Banjamin Zeptenbergs. Since it is easiest because his stats are nicely right next to Jarvi let's compare the two's +/-, hits and shots blocked. Jarvi has a better +/- by 4 (Kohler is -4), Jarvi has 2 more hits (Tyson has 43) and finally Jarvi has 43 more shots blocked (Tyson has 8). Not taking away anything from Tyson as he has had a great season for a 2nd year player but I think Jarvi should have been put on the ballot, either taking Tyson's spot or at least another player on that ballot. 

HC Davos Dynamo: Forward Shawn Muller

Kopitar+Vintage.jpg

Shawn Muller was traded to the Dynamo 14 games ago. He started the year with the Seattle Bears where he put up 13 goals and 18 assists for 31 points in 35 games. He was also a +14 in a hard conference. Since the trade, he as scored 9 goals and assisted on 8 for 17 points and is a +3. He has also given 98 hits over the season to go with 13 shots blocked. Put his stats together for both Seattle and Davos, you get 22 goals and 26 assists for 48 points and a +17. His points and +/- is better than Lord Karnage, Wolgang Strauss while his points are tied with Benjamin Zeptenbergs. Not taking away anything from these guys because they are great guys and members of our site but just stating numbers here.

Toronto Legion: Forward Marcel Faux

holland-peter-620.jpg

Here is another player who might be wonder why I wasn't put on that ballot is Marcel Faux. The man was also traded from the Helsinki Titans to the Toronto Legion after 30 games. In his time with Helsinki he scored 18 goals and assisted on 11 for 39 points. He also managed a +1 with 35 shots blocked on a somewhat weak team. Since the move he has scored 7 goals and assisted on 16 goals for 23 points. He is also a +23 with the Legion. Put it all together and you get: 25 goals and 27 assists for 52 points and a +24. Again what might be holding him back is the 66 hits. Which again you see why I say it overrates some players in my opinion. He might have drawn the short straw as he is the only Toronto Legion player to not at least make the ballot of the All-star game. Everyone else is either going to play in the game or is on the ballot. 

Quebec City Meute: Defenseman John Sleeman

145028648_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=7

John Sleeman is a former 1st overall pick who might miss out on this years All-Star game. He has scored 10 goals and assisted on 36 goals for 46 points. He is also a massive +51 with 80 hits and 70 blocked shots. The players ahead of him in the vote are Biggu Kyanon, Kerkko Hyvarinen and World B. Free. Sleeman out points them all and has them in +/- too. You want to know what he doesn't beat them in? Hits. Imagine that. He also might be getting the short end here because of long time members Fong and Glasser get the old man vote :P. He also might not be getting votes because he plays on a powerful Quebec squad and because of who his GM is. For shame.

Riga Reign: Forward Bronson Faux

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNX1DRGTaeOS3BHIFF3C6

Bronson is a forward who may be a victim of loyalty here and the Reign might be too. They could get a big return for Faux while also Faux could get better numbers if she wasn't with the Riga Reign. Sadly, nobody wins and Faux may very well miss out on the ASG. Faux has played 49 games scoring 23 goals and assisting on 26 for 49 points. She is also a +1 on a team where everyone but one other teammate is a minus player. She also has a massive 212 hits which is 4.3 hits per game. I know I've been saying hits are kind of overrated but when you average 4.3 hits per game that is something special. 

Helsinki Titans: Defenseman Theo Matsikas

7680000.jpg

Theo leads the team in points with 9 goals and 24 assists for 33 points in 49 games. It doesn't sounds very impressive if you say it out loud but when you realize he is a defenseman than you kind of have to tip you hat to him. He is tied with Kerkko in points. Theo also has almost over half of the next highest shot blocker on the list. So he is doing it at both ends. 

Stockholm Vikings: None, Karnage will most likely make it and he is now New York American Property, and Atticus Von Broxton made it.

Calgary Wranglers: None, no one is really having a good season in Calgary to merit a selection sorry eagles :( 

Edited by StevenStamkos91

Review:

Nice article here. I agree, Sleeman should be in the All-Star game, I voted for him in the vote for the final two defensemen.

Grammar, I noticed a "than" instead of "then" in the Theo write-up. "who might be wonder" instead of "wondering" in the Faux write-up.  Nothing major though. Keep up the good work!