My Motivation to VHL is falling

eaglesfan036

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Clearly everyone just needs to come hang out with me when I live stream, there's going to be one tonight haha

Nobody wants to watch your scrub gameplay :P

Plus I got a shooting clinic to attend to tonight :D

• Commissioner
Just now, tfong said:

Nobody wants to watch your scrub gameplay :P

Plus I got a shooting clinic to attend to tonight :D

You sure? It's Conker's Bad Fur Day haha

I mean I am pretty terrible at it but Conker's is always fun.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You sure? It's Conker's Bad Fur Day haha

I mean I am pretty terrible at it but Conker's is always fun.

I have not seen that game in decades hahaha.

• Commissioner
Just now, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

What are you streaming and where?

Twitch (I may leave a link in the game discussion thread tonight) and Conker's Bad Fur Day tonight but it varies. CoD sometimes, I've streamed portal 2, gonna get CS: GO to stream that (never played it before so should be nice and terrible).

• Commissioner
Just now, tfong said:

I have not seen that game in decades hahaha.

Exactly what makes it better; kick people right in the nostalgia.

I mean what not sure if its possible but if we had live links or "sponsored" links somewhere around that allowed VHL folk to tune in or even congregate for gaming, that would tighten up the community possibly?

• Commissioner
Just now, tfong said:

I mean what not sure if its possible but if we had live links or "sponsored" links somewhere around that allowed VHL folk to tune in or even congregate for gaming, that would tighten up the community possibly?

What exactly do you mean?

I know we can create communities on PS4 and Steam (Not sure about XB1) where people could see what others are playing and maybe join them, that could've a decent start in the gaming front at least.

What exactly do you mean?

I know we can create communities on PS4 and Steam (Not sure about XB1) where people could see what others are playing and maybe join them, that could've a decent start in the gaming front at least.

Something like that, or like embedding twitch feeds into the website I mean. So like if guys are playing NHL or something others can see and maybe hop in etc...

Like give people more reasons instead of just login and do PTs and log out, keep give them reasons to hang out on the website.

Edited by tfong

• Commissioner
Just now, tfong said:

Something like that, or like embedding twitch feeds into the website I mean. So like if guys are playing NHL or something others can see and maybe hop in etc...

An area sorta like the GFX portfolios but for people to share twitch links and stuff perhaps?

I'm into the concept although not sure how many people would be necessarily set up to do so.

An area sorta like the GFX portfolios but for people to share twitch links and stuff perhaps?

I'm into the concept although not sure how many people would be necessarily set up to do so.

Maybe something like that, but embedded streams around maybe something on the side bar showing whos streaming or something like.

Like an advertisement sidebar type embed.

• Head Moderator
4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

official videogame thread imo

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

official videogame thread imo

Only problem with that is that t gets easily crowded out with discussion. Maybe a video game forum similar to the GFX forums? Have sub forums for discussion, streams, videos, etc.

Can twitch actually be embedded on this site? I've never specifically tried.

Edit: I tested, youtube embeds automatically but twitch does not. Is there perhaps a way to add twitch embedding? Also, a potential issue even if we can, would twitch chat go with it? I guess you could pop out the chat and then bring it over to the VHL but still. Interaction would be the key here and if the streamer needs to keep refreshing the VHL it would make interaction kinda tricky.

Edited by Beketov

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Can twitch actually be embedded on this site? I've never specifically tried.

The last list of embeddable sites I saw was this:

Here is a full list of external websites that support such embedding: College Humor, Facebook, Flickr, Gfycat, Google+, Hulu, Instagram, SoundCloud, Spotify, Ted, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

But I feel like there HAS to be a way to embed twitch streams. I'll try to figure it out next time I do a live sim.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Draper said:

The last list of embeddable sites I saw was this:

Here is a full list of external websites that support such embedding: College Humor, Facebook, Flickr, Gfycat, Google+, Hulu, Instagram, SoundCloud, Spotify, Ted, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

But I feel like there HAS to be a way to embed twitch streams. I'll try to figure it out next time I do a live sim.

Twitch has an embedding code for both the player and the chat so it SHOULD be possible so long as we can use code. I don't think it works though, case in point:

<iframe src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=supermcgamer" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="378" width="620"></iframe><a href="https://www.twitch.tv/supermcgamer?tt_medium=live_embed&tt_content=text_link" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline;">Watch live video from SuperMCGamer on www.twitch.tv</a>

Clearly that's not what we want but it is the embedding code. Is there someway to allow that code to be posted properly?

Edited by Beketov

• Senior Admin
Just now, Beketov said:

Twitch has an embedding code for both the player and the chat so it SHOULD be possible so long as we can use code. I don't think it works though, case in point:

<iframe src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=supermcgamer" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="378" width="620"></iframe><a href="https://www.twitch.tv/supermcgamer?tt_medium=live_embed&tt_content=text_link" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline;">Watch live video from SuperMCGamer on www.twitch.tv</a>

Watch live video from SuperMCGamer on www.twitch.tv

• Commissioner
Just now, Draper said:

So obviously some groups have the ability to post code and others don't? Out of curiosity, does the chat code also work?

<iframe src="https://www.twitch.tv/supermcgamer/chat?popout=" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="500" width="350"></iframe>

Could we potentially turn this on for everyone?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Draper said:

admin power win

I had a feeling it would be something like that. Old IF boards had something in the user groups about being ale to use a certain kind of code (I don't recall the exact wording) and you could turn it on with a group by group basis. Is that possible here perhaps if this is a feature people are in fact interested in?

• Commissioner

There we go. If we had those posted next to each other (or at least one on top of the other) we could completely do this. Again, I don't know how many people would be interested but it's definitely a thing that's possible.

• Senior Admin
Just now, Beketov said:

I had a feeling it would be something like that. Old IF boards had something in the user groups about being ale to use a certain kind of code (I don't recall the exact wording) and you could turn it on with a group by group basis. Is that possible here perhaps if this is a feature people are in fact interested in?

Yeah, right now only admins are able to post raw HTML.

I could probably turn it on for everyone. I've had reservations about it because when you turn it on you get a big flashing popup that says it's a security risk but I feel like it's likely safe to do so in a small sim league community if people are interested.

• Commissioner
Just now, Draper said:

Yeah, right now only admins are able to post raw HTML.

I could probably turn it on for everyone. I've had reservations about it because when you turn it on you get a big flashing popup that says it's a security risk but I feel like it's likely safe to do so in a small sim league community if people are interested.

Yeah, it has always done that, even back in the IF days; not sure how much damage could actually be done with it though. Maybe if we were really worried we could make a group called like "VHL Streamer" or something and only turn it on for them. Would at least allow you to control who can and cannot do it on a member by member basis.