favorite music artists

scoop

let's discuss things

1. Motion City Soundtrack - my favorite of all time, and that's an easier distinction to make than you might think. I'm almost always down to listen to their stuff, new or old or whenever. They're actually ending, and are on their final tour right now. I really should go see a show, specifically this upcoming Friday (their last in Minnesota). But I don't have a car so fuck. But maybe I could make it happen.

Don't really have any particular order for any of the others. But here is maybe the rest of a top ten list. Probably leaving some out, but these are just names that come to mind.

Rise Against

Streetlight Manifesto

Say Anything

Alkaline Trio

Eve 6

Bad Religion

The Decemberists

Foo Fighters

Taylor Swift - fuck the haters

Kendrick Lamar

John Mayer

YG

Rage Against The Machine

Imagine Dragons

OutKast

Infinity Bassline (I'm a drummer at heart, love bass drum, and this WGI line gives me orgasms)

Потап и Настя (Russian group, I dig their music, even though I can only understand like 1/4 of it)

The Fray

Red Hot Chili Peppers

not sure if that's my top 10. I'm probably #1 on my top 10 tbh

i listen to a tin of stuff. If it's not country or super generic pop we have now, I probably like some artist in it

15 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Kendrick Lamar

John Mayer

YG

Rage Against The Machine

Imagine Dragons

OutKast

Infinity Bassline (I'm a drummer at heart, love bass drum, and this WGI line gives me orgasms)

Потап и Настя (Russian group, I dig their music, even though I can only understand like 1/4 of it)

The Fray

Red Hot Chili Peppers

not sure if that's my top 10. I'm probably #1 on my top 10 tbh

i listen to a tin of stuff. If it's not country or super generic pop we have now, I probably like some artist in it

Fave RHCP and fave RATM song?

6 hours ago, Streetlight said:

let's discuss things

1. Motion City Soundtrack - my favorite of all time, and that's an easier distinction to make than you might think. I'm almost always down to listen to their stuff, new or old or whenever. They're actually ending, and are on their final tour right now. I really should go see a show, specifically this upcoming Friday (their last in Minnesota). But I don't have a car so fuck. But maybe I could make it happen.

Don't really have any particular order for any of the others. But here is maybe the rest of a top ten list. Probably leaving some out, but these are just names that come to mind.

Rise Against

Streetlight Manifesto

Say Anything

Alkaline Trio

Eve 6

Bad Religion

The Decemberists

Foo Fighters

Taylor Swift - fuck the haters

Fave Foo Fighters song?

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Fave RHCP and fave RATM song?

RATM = Bulls on Parade

RCHP = hard to pick. Dani California and Under the Bridge are classics, but I really liek Give it Away too. I think I would have to pick Can't Stop though, partly because I learned how to play it on drums :D 

15 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

RATM = Bulls on Parade

RCHP = hard to pick. Dani California and Under the Bridge are classics, but I really liek Give it Away too. I think I would have to pick Can't Stop though, partly because I learned how to play it on drums :D 

Good selections! Do you know a lot about RATM? I could probably quote you word for word about ZDLR's upbringing haha. Also my faves are:

RATM: Microphone Fiend

RHCP: Suck My Kiss or Quixoticelixer

21 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Good selections! Do you know a lot about RATM? I could probably quote you word for word about ZDLR's upbringing haha. Also my faves are:

RATM: Microphone Fiend

RHCP: Suck My Kiss or Quixoticelixer

I don't know a ton about them, I just like a lot of their songs. I really love RHCP though, listen to them a lot!

also foolishly forgot to put Beastie Boys on my list!

29 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I don't know a ton about them, I just like a lot of their songs. I really love RHCP though, listen to them a lot!

also foolishly forgot to put Beastie Boys on my list!

Look up Microphone Fiend and People of the Sun!

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

You a fan of their newer stuff too? (Walk, Rope etc..)

Yeah, Wasting Light is what got me back into them. I mean, I had liked their stuff before then but didn't listen to them as much. 

1 minute ago, Streetlight said:

Yeah, Wasting Light is what got me back into them. I mean, I had liked their stuff before then but didn't listen to them as much. 

Same here. Then again it had been a while since I looked into them and I think they had a spell of no album for a while, but yeah that album was great. I even told someone on here to get into it but can't remember which member.

1. alt-J. Right now these guys are 1 by a mile.

Awolnation

Phoenix

Two Door Cinema Club

Fitz and the Tantrums if I'm in a happier mood

Black Keys

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

MGMT

Yeah Yeah Yeahs even though they're a tad older than most of my list