Claimed:TIL #4 [Reviewed]

Davos Dynamos' future is:  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

oh1m50.png

*Tromsø Idrettslag's logo as my article's main picture - it's weird, but EURO 2016 is still ongoing, so I'm fine with it*

1. I checked the VHLM regular season index and found out that Guntis Petenis is the worst +/- VHLM player in S49 (CPU's aren't included). He posted an ''astonishing'' -34 ratio in 62 games, which makes me pleased. My plan to make a player who knows about being a scrub is working...

2. ...well, not really. Also, he was able to put puck in the net. And that wasn't 1 lucky shot, he did it 11 times! 11 GOALS, CARL!!! @ADwyer87 was totally right about the goalie crysis - they suck a big dildo right now. And how ironic is this: the goalies who were supposed to lead their team to the greatness couldn't save thier lives against Gunča. Two best TPE earners among goalies Klajums and Akerfeldt ( @RMiner57 and @enigmatic ) allowed a whooping 3 goals each from Gunča. I'm not saying I'm not happy with GP's shooting skills, but there's more correct definition of my current emotion - very surprised. I mean he has 0 scoring, 0 passing, 0 defense skill (that's why he has -34), but guess what? 33 points.

3. I'm not finished with Petenis yet. He's not only a decent point scorer, he also can hit and playing rough. 6th in PIM's, 8th in SB and hits. I guess there's no doubt about that - I'm happy with GP's performance so far and I'm hoping for 300 hits in the next season.

4. As you know already, there's no TIL edition without Ivars Klajums. But he's not the only player/team who gets so much attention from me. There is one team who is the regular participant of TIL as well. And I'm talking about Davos, mainly because I'm still paying attention to @KingRobbie. But now it's not about him, it's all about the whole Dynamo team and their future. So they lost to RIga, which was surprising and painful to @Gooningitup who made a huge playoff push by trading picks for a really good players. It's more painful when you're watching at Davos' future: it remains unclear. Let's pretend that SWC3 is leaving Davos:

• minus one good center. It's not a tragedy for DD's GM as he has another 3. The problem is Convington is the best center in Davos, but as I said earlier, it's not a tragedy.
  • There are some rumors saying that @TheLastOlympian07 a.k.a Howard is going to leave Switzerland as well. If that's true, Davos is doomed to be a mediocre team.

In that case Goon will need to try hard in FA market to save his team from failure. He also has two S51 firsts, but it guarantees nothing. Only team that might say goodbye to playoff run is NY. But will @YEAH!stlemania start a rebuild immediately after S49 ends? That's not an easy answer and only he (and maybe NY players) knows what's going to happen.

BUT IF BOTH MULLER AND SWC3 STAYS IN DAVOS? Well then, my previous thoughts and statements are irrelevant, thanks for coming.

5. BTW, Americans? This team is aging and maybe the only reason why YEAH will make another playoff push in S50 is because of @Smarch's Weinstein - he is a good goalie and his regular season stats are the proof. Like really, three of 8 NY's players will play the last season and while @jRuutu is still a powerhouse and @.sniffuM can be considered as mediocre, @Duddy is out of VHL level. The bad thing is he is the only one of three defensemans in this team and this thing can kill Americans. And maybe that's the reason why they lost to Toronto. With Quebec's raising and Toronto still being a solid team NY will have a hard time to avoid the third straight first round exit in the next season. It's going to be interesting to see the next YEAH's move.

6. I realized Petenis might be a first round pick in both VHL and VHLM draft. @hedgehog337 really can make a progress (Zeptenbergs went to Ottawa as 8th pick and to Toronto as 14th pick).

I decided to make this article more complete, so I made a poll with two questions on it. Feel free to click on the answers and maybe give your opinion on this as well. Thank you and bye.

End of the article. 

Edited by hedgehog337

13 minutes ago, Smarch said:

You think I'm good. I like you

I mean you can't blame only yourself. Three defs, that's not gonna work in a stacked conference. And yeah, I made a blunder when I said NY has two defs lol. 

3 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

I mean you can't blame only yourself. Three defs, that's not gonna work in a stacked conference. And yeah, I made a blunder when I said NY has two defs lol. 

Every team in the NA playoff chase has three defensemen...

6 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Every team in the NA playoff chase has three defensemen...

Quebec - Jeff Hamilton (659 TPE), Felipe Rodriguez (393), John Sleeman (472). None of them is regressed.

Toronto - Francis York Morgan (623), World B. Free (394), Black Velvet (574). FYM will play his last season in S50 (therefore he is regressed already)

New York - Thomas Duddy (297), Kerkko Hyvärinen (423), Bobby Digital (270). Duddy will play his last season in S50 (therefore he is regressed already)

Well, I know it's not the smartest idea to compare teams defence just by TPE count, but still. 

6 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I see no reason both NY and Davos shouldn't keep pushing, NY because they still have top flight talent and a solid gap over Seattle, and Davos because it's still going to take a bit for Stockholm/Helsinki to rebuild

You got a point. After all, NY has two way Reencarnation - a world class player for every team, not only Americans +Ruutu and Weinstein. But will it be enough to avoid an another first round exit? I mean maybe, cause QUE looses two good players due to retirement, TOR says bb to my BenZ as well, but it still not a guarantee. We will see how FA works out for NY, cause they have no draft picks to make trades more easier. 

7 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

You got a point. After all, NY has two way Reencarnation - a world class player for every team, not only Americans +Ruutu and Weinstein. But will it be enough to avoid an another first round exit? I mean maybe, cause QUE looses two good players due to retirement, TOR says bb to my BenZ as well, but it still not a guarantee. We will see how FA works out for NY, cause they have no draft picks to make trades more easier. 

I mean, yeah, but weird stuff happens in the playoffs all the time if you just make it, like Riga right now.

5 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I mean, yeah, but weird stuff happens in the playoffs all the time if you just make it, like Riga right now.

Inb4 Riga wins a cup against Toronto and

On 12.5.2016. at 10:42 PM, CowboyinAmerica said:

I riot.