Cattrall Optimistic About VHL Move

Denver

d4ce9e6fc6.png

CATTRALL OPTIMISTIC ABOUT VHL MOVE
July 6th, 2016 | By Phillip Saunders

VHL prospect Hailey Cattrall is one of several hopefuls who are looking to make a career of hockey – Cattrall is no stranger to either. She’s the sister of former Quebec City Meute Froward, Ryan Cattrall. Ryan was heavily touted prospect in his own right, who wowed VHL fans with his single season performance before calling it a career. Analyst and several of Cattrall’s inner circles were confused by the move after the Titans and Meute both were highly interested in him, hoping he could develop into a franchise player; keep in mind he showed heavy promise his first season in the VHL. Hailey on the other hand was interviewed recently at one of her last practices for the Wisconsin Badgers as she prepares for the VHL Combine, where she only has to wait several weeks until hearing her name called.

“I’m really excited to be a part of the VHL. Growing up watching my brother play hockey it was only a matter of time before I got interested. I know there’s going to be tons of comparisons made, we both play the same position, we’re both team-first oriented, and we even somewhat sport the same intangibles. What separates my VHL run from his is the fact that there aren’t many women in the VHL to begin with. So I’ve got my work cut out for me, I’ve got a lot to prove where as he was just able to play the game. There’s a lot riding on my success, I want to prove myself and carry the torch so to speak. I want Cattrall to be a name that several years from now people will remember for obvious reasons.”

Cattrall may be the consist top player in the NCAA, but she seemed very optimistic of her chances that she can prove to be just as good if not better than her brother who came previously before her.

Edited by Denver