Claimed:Kyrie Knight is a Project

Kyrie

Kyrie Knight is a Project

2zibpqs.jpg

The tall newly drafted defenseman has a lot of work to do this off-season, and needs to become a much better player if he wants to make the leap into the VHL. He is not a hard worker by any means but still has some talent to possibly make the big leagues. He put up decent numbers on the Outlaws last season, but the team was riding a losing record. Kyrie Knight, drafted in the third round at twenty second overall in the VHL S36 Entry Draft, has a lot of flashy skills but a lack in many other areas of his game. What are the plans to handle the Titan's new prospect?

1) Expectations
After putting up 40 points in 68 games, the defenseman is expected to get much better as his time in Yukon unfolds. He also put up average defensive numbers but this can only mean one thing, he needs to put up better numbers. With his new team, which drafted him in the second round, he is expected to actually be the number one defenseman and will take a lion's share of the duties. He needs to score at a point per game pace and create more chances when he is out on the ice. The post-season is another target, and a big chance to gain experience so he has to give it his all.  Eighty points and around seventy helpers is a good pick, since no one really expects his shot to develop. A good two hundred hits with added muscle should do him good. No one expects him to make the Helsinki roster after this season and believe he will spend another two seasons to get used to the high-paced game.

2) The Holes
Standing at his towering height, Kyrie does not make too much of an effort to make use of his body. He is an offensive defenseman at this point, quite strange to most scouts when they see his figure. As a power play quarterback, he has good vision and decent positioning but lacks any sense to go into corners and is easily blown past if faced with physicality. Kyrie Knight needs to overcome his lack of power and balance if he ever wants to sniff the VHL. Setting the tone is a problem, always relying on his forwards to finish his passes, Kyrie needs to create his own chances. His shot is not powerful but can be deceptive, if it ever hits the net. Kyrie takes many shots, one-timers take up a majority of those and soft wrist shots from afar. He needs to bolster a better shot with accuracy and power to force rebounds and pick corners on the net to score goals.

161jb6q.jpg

3) His Thoughts
"I think I did alright with the Turku Outlaws. It was a tough season, but I really need to work on my all around game if we ever hope to win. I got drafted by Yukon and they said I am getting a lot of responsibility so I have to be prepared. I put in a lot of work in the off-season and I think I will do a much better job than before. I am not so sure I am the best at handling all this but I think I can pull through. There has been support and help from organizations. I think my passing got a lot better. I got picked in third round but I am not upset because I don't have too much pressure on my back and I can play to whatever pace I like. Controlling the puck is my strength and I think I will be a good general on the ice for our team up in Yukon. I am not thinking too much about Helsinki or the VHL at the moment, I want to do good with Yukon. If I spend my entire career down in the minors, I would be fine with even just that."

ml6t7o.jpg

He is not really a spot light player so he will go under the radar but Kyrie Knight has something special that he will be able to display in the VHLM. Will he make the VHL? No one knows but it will take some time and a lot of effort to reach that target. Will he remain as a #1 talent in the VHLM, or become a #4 in the VHL? It is his fate to choose.

http://vhlsim.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3185-twelve-days-of-christmas-prizes/

I am use double?

Edited by Kyrie

Content: 3/3 - You put up a good argument in your player being a steal and a future stud. No such thing as a shortage of defensemen in the league so if you keep up the work, you'll be sure to find in any VHL team, let alone Helsinki.

Grammar: 2/2 - Everything seems to be in order. Just this.

spot light - spotlight

Appearance: 1/1 -  :pimp:

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6