Americans Sign Captain Bobby Digital Long Term

Devise

The New York Americans have officially signed Captain defender Bobby Digital to a career contract extension that'll keep him on the club all the way until S56. Following the announcement, the new general manager Ryan Power was available comment and had the following to say; 

"Bobby Digital is a true definition of a locker room leader. It's no secret that when I build clubs, like I have in the past in this league, I like to build a core base of players who are represented by player agency's that care about the future of the team, about winning, and about creating something bigger. You get that and much more with Digital. I am nothing but pleased to announce that including Season 50, he is likely going to have a seven season captaincy on this team. New York has always been a team that prides itself on a capable D. More often than not that player is a true star, names like Braxton, Sullivan, Low. The word may still be out on if Digital will ever fill shoes like that, but he's still a very talented, underrated, young player, and we look forward to his tenure with the team." 

As the regular season got underway the Americans were shutout by Riga and Seattle in their first two games. While the club is in a clear rebuild this season, they did acquire some talented young players to help fill the gap and begin the process of building a team capable of making the playoffs and challenging for a Cup in a few seasons time. Digital looks to lead that core, and it'll be interesting to see if the Americans can get any more players to show the same confidence in the club that he did with such a big contract extension.