2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Yes because the Oilers need more guys who can put up points....

Hendricks is a heart and soul NHL fourth liner who fights and works hard. He's exactly what the Oilers need more of. Now if they could find a top D man and a top six player who is more sand paper then they'd be in way better shape. Also it is likely they trade for another goalie at this stage right. 

Yes because the Oilers need more guys who can put up points....

Hendricks is a heart and soul NHL fourth liner who fights and works hard. He's exactly what the Oilers need more of. Now if they could find a top D man and a top six player who is more sand paper then they'd be in way better shape. Also it is likely they trade for another goalie at this stage right. 

EDM needs at least two D, a capable G, another top 6 F with some size, and two lines with heart and grit.  Thats a huge shopping list.

Lets see what another goalie will cost them, seems like they sold low on Dub

EDM needs at least two D, a capable G, another top 6 F with some size, and two lines with heart and grit.  Thats a huge shopping list.

Lets see what another goalie will cost them, seems like they sold low on Dub

I don't think they sold low on him at all. He isn't that good of a player and teams that are able to trade goalies are all over the place. So it isn't like they are in a unique situation being the only team to be able to ditch a goalie. Leafs could lose Reimer, Caps have 3 goalies any one of which could get traded all better than Dub, Miller is being shopped, Ducks in the same situation as the Caps with 3 goalies, Canes have 3 goalies and one is going to get shopped. Rumors that Halak could get shopped out of the Blues. I mean tons of WAY better options for teams than Dub, nobody was going to pay anything crazy for him. Getting an NHL ready player who heart and grit to play in your bottom line is likely decent value for Dub considering he's a fringe NHL back up who has the potential in several seasons to maybe be an average starter. 

Pretty obvious Edmonton is looking at trading for a better goalie. Shipped out Dubynk for a roster player, but they retain half his salary which is stupid since they probably lose the trade 1 for 1 anyway.

Fasth, or.... Ward ;))))))))

I don't think they sold low on him at all. He isn't that good of a player and teams that are able to trade goalies are all over the place. So it isn't like they are in a unique situation being the only team to be able to ditch a goalie. Leafs could lose Reimer, Caps have 3 goalies any one of which could get traded all better than Dub, Miller is being shopped, Ducks in the same situation as the Caps with 3 goalies, Canes have 3 goalies and one is going to get shopped. Rumors that Halak could get shopped out of the Blues. I mean tons of WAY better options for teams than Dub, nobody was going to pay anything crazy for him. Getting an NHL ready player who heart and grit to play in your bottom line is likely decent value for Dub considering he's a fringe NHL back up who has the potential in several seasons to maybe be an average starter. 

how about Scrivens for a 3rd?

Miller for Yak

Buffalo loves Russians

Scrivens for a third is already being reported. That isn't an awful trade, considering it's a third. Obviously Edmonton didn't want to give up a large amount to get a upgrade in net. Scrivens is alright, better than Dub...but I think they should of done a bigger deal to be honest. 

I don't even know where he got traded. Who the fuck is Hendricks.

Ex-caps center.. was a solid 3rd/4th liner who did his job.. not flashy but was steady.

Glorified goon

Not really.. he wasnt glorified in DC and he is as much of a goon as Erksine.. just a consistent 3rd/4th line center

"Dubnyk also provides the Predators with a veteran presence in goal while starter Pekka Rinne continues to rehabilitate from arthroscopic hip surgery to remove a bacterial infection. Rookie Marek Mazanec has played the majority of the games with backup Carter Hutton. However, Predators coach Barry Trotz went public with criticism of Hutton's play in a Jan. 5 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes. Hutton has played once since then, making 22 saves Tuesday in a 4-2 win against the Calgary Flames." -from NHL.com article about the trade

Edited by d3vilsfire

He has the talent, but also needs to grow the F up

From what I've seen he seems to be pretty mature. If it wasn't for the Sabres jerseys in your sig I'd assume your another one of those butthurt Flames fans that has been trashing the kid since the draft.