2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

^ you guys can have Erat he is top 6 material, we'll take Bieksa

glad we could work that out, I'll notify the NHL

Haha Erat is 7th forward material. He has never been a solid point producer since leaving Nashville.

Erat for someone with far less cap space.. 4.5 mil for a crap player.. smh

Erat is hardly a crap player. He works his tail off for us every game he is on the ice, he just has had awful luck and chemistry this season. Best chemistry he had was playing with Ward and Chimmer, but both of those guys could make an AHL player look good on the NHL ice at this point. 

Erat can easily be a top six NHL player still. He just needs to be trusted and given the right line mates. He could work very well with the Sedin twins for example. The issue with trading Erat is every team knows they can try to get him for cheap since he requested a trade, and GMGM refuses to sell cheap on him because he knows he'll look like a fool when Erat goes and plays far more consistent on another team. 

If Vancouver is legit looking for another top six forward and is willing to give up defense I'd be happy if we shipped Brouwer and Erat your guys way for a player like Hamhuis. :P Brouwer, Erat, and Dimitry Orlov for Hamhuis. Done. :P 

Erat is hardly a crap player. He works his tail off for us every game he is on the ice, he just has had awful luck and chemistry this season. Best chemistry he had was playing with Ward and Chimmer, but both of those guys could make an AHL player look good on the NHL ice at this point. 

Erat can easily be a top six NHL player still. He just needs to be trusted and given the right line mates. He could work very well with the Sedin twins for example. The issue with trading Erat is every team knows they can try to get him for cheap since he requested a trade, and GMGM refuses to sell cheap on him because he knows he'll look like a fool when Erat goes and plays far more consistent on another team. 

If Vancouver is legit looking for another top six forward and is willing to give up defense I'd be happy if we shipped Brouwer and Erat your guys way for a player like Hamhuis. :P Brouwer, Erat, and Dimitry Orlov for Hamhuis. Done. :P

No he was awful when we decided to take him off Nashville, and he has been awful for us since.. Brouwer is not gonna get traded, and he shouldn't be… and Orlov is doing okay.. well enough to stay.. So ur proposed trade is really awful.. Erat for Hamhuis straight up is fine.. wait what is Hamhuis cap hit?

Ha. Aha. No. If the Canucks are going to move a defenseman for a forward there are two possibilities. The first is Alex Edler, who they tried to move in the off-season. He has all sorts of promise but can't seem to put it together. Second would be Chris Tanev, since he's young and he's going to cash in with a big deal in the off-season. Apparently negotiations on his current contract were rough as well. But Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Garrison are almost certainly staying.

Obviously I would prefer to ship Edler out for a top six (ROR pls) then buy out Booth and use the 4.25M from him to give Tanev his pay day.

No he was awful when we decided to take him off Nashville, and he has been awful for us since.. Brouwer is not gonna get traded, and he shouldn't be… and Orlov is doing okay.. well enough to stay.. So ur proposed trade is really awful.. Erat for Hamhuis straight up is fine.. wait what is Hamhuis cap hit?

I'd trust your opinion more if it sounded like you actually watched the games. Several games Erat has played in he has been one of our best forwards on the ice. Watch the game, not the stat sheet...

ERAT FOR HAMHUIS STRIGHT UP ARE U ON COKE LOL.

imo along with tanev the only Dman that allows management to breathe somewhat easily when he's on the ice is not going to go for a player that has less goals than tom sestito hahaha.

scratch that, he's not going anywhere period.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

ERAT FOR HAMHUIS STRIGHT UP ARE U ON COKE LOL.

imo along with tanev the only Dman that allows management to breathe somewhat easily when he's on the ice is not going to go for a player that has less goals than tom sestito hahaha.

scratch that, he's not going anywhere period.

I'm assuming you're talking about Erat, because Ryan O'Reilly has 18 goals on the season last I checked. The only reason I mentioned Tanev is because his contract is up and apparently negotiations didn't go so well last time. I'd be furious if they traded him, he along with Stanton & Corrado are a big part of the team's future on defense. 

I'd trust your opinion more if it sounded like you actually watched the games. Several games Erat has played in he has been one of our best forwards on the ice. Watch the game, not the stat sheet...

I watch games, and sure, he shows flashes a few times a game, but is he worth the 4.5 mil cap hit? HELL NO!

I watch games, and sure, he shows flashes a few times a game, but is he worth the 4.5 mil cap hit? HELL NO!

Did I say he was? You said he is crap, he isn't. On one hand I think it's smart for GMGM to wait to trade him until he can get some value for him, on the other I want his Cap gone and some moves to be made to improve our team. But I don't think he should jump at the first deal offered just because. 

At the end of the day the Caps need some serious retooling and GMGM totally seems like an incompetent fool and not the man for the job. If our mantra is to compete now we need to compete now. I'd be fine with trading players like Orlov because he isn't yet a solid top 4 guy, we need more defensive studs who can hit and if we are planning on competing now then we need to fill the holes on our roster. The holes on our roster right now, at least the glaring ones are a top 4 D to pair with Green to make up for his defensive mistakes and give us some crease clearing menace and a top six consistent goal scorer to play with Grabovski. Our third and fourth lines have generally been fine all season. 

I'm assuming you're talking about Erat, because Ryan O'Reilly has 18 goals on the season last I checked. The only reason I mentioned Tanev is because his contract is up and apparently negotiations didn't go so well last time. I'd be furious if they traded him, he along with Stanton & Corrado are a big part of the team's future on defense.

Your post makes no sense because no where have a seen the mention of Ryan O'Reilly. And my post is clearly about Erat.

I don't think we should trade Orlov he has huge promise and I really think has played great at times, I just don't think Green is the right partner for him.  We have too many forwards and I hate Marcus Johansson, if Erat hadn't requested a trade I'd say sell Mojo and put Erat in the top 6.  Erskine needs to go too, he looks like he is skating in quick sand half the time.  We defs need another top 4 D because Orlov isn't there yet but selling him doesn't seem like a good option to me.

Also Erat is a pretty good player and has played well on any line this season.  He just can't score for anything but his playmaking skills are great and his forechecking is so strong. 

^I think thats on the defense.. They let that guy get behind him.. Then that second hit was not necessary, but is hard to tell what happened.. Its still really unfortunate, and i hope he has a fast recovery

I don't think we should trade Orlov he has huge promise and I really think has played great at times, I just don't think Green is the right partner for him.  We have too many forwards and I hate Marcus Johansson, if Erat hadn't requested a trade I'd say sell Mojo and put Erat in the top 6.  Erskine needs to go too, he looks like he is skating in quick sand half the time.  We defs need another top 4 D because Orlov isn't there yet but selling him doesn't seem like a good option to me.

Also Erat is a pretty good player and has played well on any line this season.  He just can't score for anything but his playmaking skills are great and his forechecking is so strong

Sounds like he is still a Predator aha

Also Erat is a pretty good player and has played well on any line this season.  He just can't score for anything but his playmaking skills are great and his forechecking is so strong. 

Agree with all but ur hate for Mojo.. I prefer Mojo over Erat

Scary injury to Flyers' prospect Anthony Stolarz:

Which sucks. Ever since Stolarz left college hockey and joined London, he's been doing pretty well. Definitely the best goalie prospect the Flyers have had in a while.

On the subject of Flyers goalies, Mason gets a 3 year, $4.1 million extension. Not an awful deal for either side. Would preferably have waited until the end of the season for the deal, but this puts Mason as about the 20th highest paid starter, which is pretty fair IMO. 

Your post makes no sense because no where have a seen the mention of Ryan O'Reilly. And my post is clearly about Erat.

Post before yours I mentioned ROR (Ryan O'Reilly) and Tanev. I figured you were talking about Erat, but by mentioning Tanev right after me I wasn't sure.

Johansson has skill and potential but he just doesn't work hard and he doesn't drive play on his own and I truly believe he is only as good as his line mates.  When he was playing on a line with Chimera and Ward they were just plain awful.  They were getting out shot 2-1 while on the ice.  It wasn't good, he isn't that good.