2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

From what I've seen he seems to be pretty mature. If it wasn't for the Sabres jerseys in your sig I'd assume your another one of those butthurt Flames fans that has been trashing the kid since the draft.

sure he is mature, but he has been having an awful season

From what I've seen he seems to be pretty mature. If it wasn't for the Sabres jerseys in your sig I'd assume your another one of those butthurt Flames fans that has been trashing the kid since the draft.

The entire city of medicine hat is trashing him now

I don't mind Calgary though. Liked Poirie in first round not jacked on Klimchuk though

Actually Sandro, a buddy of mine plays for Elmira College with Hunter's brother, and he did say Hunter needs to grow up. His play is great, but he is a tad immature from what I've heard.

Actually Sandro, a buddy of mine plays for Elmira College with Hunter's brother, and he did say Hunter needs to grow up. His play is great, but he is a tad immature from what I've heard.

Even if that is true, the need to grow up is something you could say about most kids that were drafted less than a year ago. He was named captain of his team and as far as I know isn't doing anything incredibly stupid, since it'd be all over the internet and newspapers if he was. Definitely nothing to suggest he's "damaged goods". I'm not overly concerned.

Edited by Sandro

Even if that is true, the need to grow up is something you could say about most kids that were drafted less than a year ago. He was named captain of his team and as far as I know isn't doing anything incredibly stupid, since it'd be all over the internet and newspapers if he was. Definitely nothing to suggest he's "damaged goods". I'm not overly concerned.

Oh I won't go as far as to say he is damaged goods. But generally when they say he is immature and needs to grow up, they are talking about how he would be if he was at the professional level. I honestly believe if he had made the Canucks opening night roster, it would be bad for him as he wouldn't have to time to adjust and the extra junior years are huge in development! Don't rush their visions of scoring into your head (otherwise you turn into the Oilers)

Oh I won't go as far as to say he is damaged goods. But generally when they say he is immature and needs to grow up, they are talking about how he would be if he was at the professional level. I honestly believe if he had made the Canucks opening night roster, it would be bad for him as he wouldn't have to time to adjust and the extra junior years are huge in development! Don't rush their visions of scoring into your head (otherwise you turn into the Oilers)

I know you didn't, but Strummer said he was. And I thought Shinkaruk should have got at least a couple games at the start of the season, but I never expected him to stick for the season.

I know you didn't, but Strummer said he was. And I thought Shinkaruk should have got at least a couple games at the start of the season, but I never expected him to stick for the season.

I didn't. New coach, new identity. It's better to have what you think will be your bottom 6 at the end of the year, at the start of the year as well to build a checking/grinding chemistry

My biggest problem with Hunter is he's incredibly one dimensional. He's scary with puck (when he chooses) but is unable to make those around him better.

Also hip injuries are the worst it seems.

And the Canucks could really use that guy who's scary when he has the puck, because we sorely lack it. Being defensively responsible is something a player can be taught, offensive instincts like what Hunter has cannot.

And the Canucks could really use that guy who's scary when he has the puck, because we sorely lack it. Being defensively responsible is something a player can be taught, offensive instincts like what Hunter has cannot.

Unless you are Taylor Hall and Nail Yak, they suck at defence and will always suck.

Edited by Kendrick

I think everyone can learn defense but I think some players think they don't need to play defense because they are so good offensively.  Like I think they think it is a waste of time to learn defense even though they don't necessarily look down on it, they just don't want to be bothered with it.  They only want to do the fun stuff and they think since their good enough at it they don't have to do the hard work stuff

but I don't think players like Hall and Yakupov and Ovechkin and Kovalchuck (ha russians) are incapable of being taught defense I just think they think they are above it or something

Confirmed for not watching.

No, I watched you guys attempt to push around my team in a loss and then I watched you guys try the same thing and get buried tonight. Canucks were nothing like this in 2011 or 2012 when they were my favorite to win the cup, maybe they'll surprise in the playoffs but I doubt it because they are getting their asses handed to them by the California teams. Some are claiming the fact that they fought back against the Kings the other night was a "moral victory".