2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

I think any sane Human being would too. I just don't see it happening realistically. Plus in order to get Weber you'd have to do all those things you mentioned and Gillis hates change.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gillis must stay with Vancouver forever so he never comes to Toronto

Vancouver isn't even that far outside of the playoffs and yet the media makes them seem like they're Edmonton bad 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gillis must stay with Vancouver forever so he never comes to Toronto

Vancouver isn't even that far outside of the playoffs and yet the media makes them seem like they're Edmonton bad 

That's not the reason the media is eating them alive. it's because they have not been up to anyones standards. It has nothing to do with the playoff picture

Guest Svoboda_3

It's doubtful Weber is going anywhere. Nashville had to match Philadelphia's offer for him and with Weber being the only rearguard over the age of 25 on Nashville's blue line, he's not only a pivotal part of their organization, but he's a household name that Nashville can't afford to deal away. Nashville may not be increasingly strong, but they aren't rebuilding, they are re-tooling, so Shea is still in their plans.

That's not the reason the media is eating them alive. it's because they have not been up to anyones standards. It has nothing to do with the playoff picture

what did they expect? they haven't added anything to make them better  

Guest Svoboda_3

I think a lot of teams around Vancouver just got better. That and Torts is just a mess as a person and as a coach. I don't think the players have responded well to his style and to him personally.

what did they expect? they haven't added anything to make them better  

True, but this team has somehow always got the job done in the regular season regardless of if they add quality or not. I personally think this team is in a world of trouble in the next few years, not because of the players salary numbers but because of the lengths and all the NTC's and such.

I think a lot of teams around Vancouver just got better. That and Torts is just a mess as a person and as a coach. I don't think the players have responded well to his style and to him personally.

Another reason why Ralph Kruger is the perfect coach. His personality and demeanour is great for teams!

YOU GUYS HAD YOUR CHANCE ITS OUR TURN NOW

Philly had their chances with everyone haha. They throw RFA contracts everyday it seems haha #datmanagementdoeee

Who has Philly thrown an offer sheet at recently besides Weber? The last one before that was Kesler, and that was in 2006.

2 equals everyone Jim, Gosh. It's 2 more than most GM's.