2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

So both the Canucks and the Sabres have lost their franchise goaltenders in a week. Expansion brothers to the end, I suppose?

Edited by Sandro

omg so many trades and it's not even deadline day

Caps are over cap right now so they have to make another move before the deadline.  I feel so sorry for Canucks fans right now because that organization is a hot mess.  What isn't to like about Andy MacDonald?  Is he slow?  I don't watch the Islanders much but what I have seen he is good.  Also I thought you couldn't trade injured players for some reason, like ones who are on LTIR.  Isn't Robidas still on LTIR?

omg so many trades and it's not even deadline day

Caps are over cap right now so they have to make another move before the deadline.  I feel so sorry for Canucks fans right now because that organization is a hot mess.  What isn't to like about Andy MacDonald?  Is he slow?  I don't watch the Islanders much but what I have seen he is good.  Also I thought you couldn't trade injured players for some reason, like ones who are on LTIR.  Isn't Robidas still on LTIR?

The trade in a vacuum is pretty fair. The problem is that MacDonald is a UFA to be who'll likely command a relatively big cap hit (as any defenseman worth a damn will in FA) and that we have a capable defenseman in Erik Gustaffsson sitting in the press box way too often. If this means Meszaros and/or Grossmann is gone and we end up with something like Coburn/Timonen, MacDonald/Streit, Schenn/Gus, Gill/AHL Call-Up, it's fine. Even if one of Mez or Grossmann stays and sits, it's fine. I'm more annoyed about the misuse of assets on the team and the overall construction of the D than the trade itself.

Guest Svoboda_3

Gillis making trades like he's playing NHL95 on the Genesis.

Edited by Svoboda_3

Ok sandro you can stop watching the Canucks this season.

What a joke of a franchise right now. Gillis should be fired ASAP 

I'm just going to play videogames and murder a lot of pixels.

The trade in a vacuum is pretty fair. The problem is that MacDonald is a UFA to be who'll likely command a relatively big cap hit (as any defenseman worth a damn will in FA) and that we have a capable defenseman in Erik Gustaffsson sitting in the press box way too often. If this means Meszaros and/or Grossmann is gone and we end up with something like Coburn/Timonen, MacDonald/Streit, Schenn/Gus, Gill/AHL Call-Up, it's fine. Even if one of Mez or Grossmann stays and sits, it's fine. I'm more annoyed about the misuse of assets on the team and the overall construction of the D than the trade itself.

ah yes, have been there many times before

Guest Svoboda_3

Tim Thomas to Washington :lol: . That would be funny. I just don't see how Luongo and Thomas, who doesn't like pumping Roberto's tires..lol, will co-exist with one of them sitting on a nightly basis.