2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Jagr hits 700 goals. Only the 6th player to do so I think. Imagine if he didn't play 3 season in the KHL and go through 3 lockouts. Might be challenging Gretzky's record.

I think playing those seasons in the KHL gave his body a bit of a break in comparison to playing in the NHL.

Still very impressive, hope he is back next season to keep climbing the records.

Hardly, he is riding the hot hand

If Lack got a shutout last game I'd believe that. This is a franchise showcase game, the "franchise goaltender" should be in there. This is going to turn into yet another fucking gongshow surrounding this joke of an organization.

If Lack got a shutout last game I'd believe that. This is a franchise showcase game, the "franchise goaltender" should be in there. This is going to turn into yet another fucking gongshow surrounding this joke of an organization.

1. Lack still only has 1 goal against in his last two games. Still a hot hand.

2. You know who started in some Winter Classics? Ty Conklin and Dany Sabourin.

1. Lack still only has 1 goal against in his last two games. Still a hot hand.

2. You know who started in some Winter Classics? Ty Conklin and Dany Sabourin.

Didn't Conklin start because the other goalies on the team were injured, or because he was the best option they had? And even though Sabourin may have started one, M-A Fleury didn't have to worry about his job. Luongo should have been starting this game, period. I feel awful for him with the way he's been treated by Gillis and co.

Now News 1130 is saying it's expected, but not confirmed. This team and everything surrounding it is such a shit show. Can they just fold for the rest of the season? I'm really tired of it.

I generally don't listen to it, but it's impossible not to hear about this stuff from friends/family.

True. Is their any source you do feel is legit when it comes to sports news in Vancouver area? Cause I for one only watched SportsPage but of course thats gone

Didn't Conklin start because the other goalies on the team were injured, or because he was the best option they had? And even though Sabourin may have started one, M-A Fleury didn't have to worry about his job. Luongo should have been starting this game, period. I feel awful for him with the way he's been treated by Gillis and co.

I don't remember why Conklin got his first start, but I'm pretty sure any starts after the 1st were because he had experience in outdoor games before.

True. Is their any source you do feel is legit when it comes to sports news in Vancouver area? Cause I for one only watched SportsPage but of course thats gone

I watch That's Hockey on TSN sometimes, it's alright. I tend to stick to getting info off Twitter. Farhan Lalji is decent, but when it comes to rumours and whatnot I only take Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun seriously.

I watch That's Hockey on TSN sometimes, it's alright. I tend to stick to getting info off Twitter. Farhan Lalji is decent, but when it comes to rumours and whatnot I only take Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun seriously.

Yeah I find the tweets sent off are far more accurate. Farhan and Bobby Mc are good. Most of the NBC broadcasters and such just find recycled stories

Bob, Lebrun and Elliotte Friedman are all A+

Bob, Lebrun and Elliotte Friedman are all A+

How'd I forgot about Elliotte, he's the only good analyst/insider on CBC. Bob is the godfather of insiders, and LeBrun is just really tuned in to every team.

Edited by Sandro

If Luongo doesn't start tomorrow I think I might consider not watching the rest of the season. I don't care if Lack has the hot hand, this is a matter of respect and Luongo is not getting any right now, as a hockey player, or as a human being. Torts can go fuck his ugly ass mother for all I care and Gillis can join him. Tired of this shit show management. I love this team to death but show an ounce of class to the players that essentially pay your check.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

I also find LeBrun easy to listen to and doesn't let his ego (i.e. Pierre McGuire) come into his comments.

He's also not a puppet for Nonis and the Leafs. *coughDregercough*

If Luongo doesn't start tomorrow I think I might consider not watching the rest of the season. I don't care if Lack has the hot hand, this is a matter of respect and Luongo is not getting any right now, as a hockey player, or as a human being. Torts can go fuck his ugly ass mother for all I care and Gillis can join him. Tired of this shit show management. I love this team to death but show an ounce of class to the players that essentially pay your check.

Yeah, the Torts love is pretty much gone for me as well. The guy's decisions of late are baffling to say the least.

Edited by Sandro