Feeling Comfortable about Draft Position

Tagger

Heading into the Season 52 Draft, I was interested to see how many people paid attention to my wishes to play as a backup goalie in the VHL. It's something that certainly my current TPE and player history wouldn't indicate I'd be interested in, but it's something that I definitely want to do; part because it's a unique thing to do, part because I don't want GM's to get disappointed when they see I'm not earning to the level they expected (I don't do jobs, I've claimed welfare last couple of weeks, didn't do anything for a month, the only reason it's close between me and DeGrath is that I had a carryover advantage and a couple more donations.) 

So, yes, I wasn't going to go out of my way to tell GM's my plan (I felt like four media articles and several individual posts was more than enough to get my plan across and, in reality, they should be contacting me first anyway), but I did have some doubt that the people in charge of drafting for their respective teams weren't fully aware of my situation. Now though, I'm happy that I believe that I won't be drafted in the first round, either because GM's are aware of the role I wish to play or because even if they weren't, they wouldn't be after a "goalie of the future" anyway. In fact, I'm very interested to see quite how far I fall. There aren't 20 active members in this draft to my knowledge, so it will be interesting to see whether GMs will take a chance on a player who's not currently active in the hopes that he will do, or if they'll draft someone who is currently active, but wouldn't contribute to the team nearly as much as a standard player.