Remove VHLM Seasons from your Career Clock

Molholt

6 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I don't understand what you think will happen.. there is still a cap. 

I really can't think of a way to explain this any simpler.

16 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I really can't think of a way to explain this any simpler.

So your worst case scenario is that we have people entering the league who are active and comfortable with where their players are going into the league? Who busted their ass to get the most tpe possible, which is no more than is currently available to them? 

1 hour ago, Molholt said:

So your worst case scenario is that we have people entering the league who are active and comfortable with where their players are going into the league? Who busted their ass to get the most tpe possible, which is no more than is currently available to them? 

No....not even a little bit....

8 hours ago, Streetlight said:

It would have to be limited to players under a certain tpe threshold at the start of the season.

Unless you guys are talking about allowing people to delay their draft year.

That's sorta the point. There is a threshold now, of 175 TPE, right? That'd still be the threshold. You can't have more than 175 TPE EARNED (not applied, earned. That's important) before the cutoff at the beginning of the season. Same as now. 

The difference, and what I guess Jericho is going on about, is that less active people could get to that threshold, wait a season and then go past it (which is what the uber active are doing now). The difference for me, is that those people aren't elite TPE earners and therefore will fall behind again once they do that - and if they don't, if they become elite TPE earners, that's good news for us. 

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

That's sorta the point. There is a threshold now, of 175 TPE, right? That'd still be the threshold. You can't have more than 175 TPE EARNED (not applied, earned. That's important) before the cutoff at the beginning of the season. Same as now. 

The difference, and what I guess Jericho is going on about, is that less active people could get to that threshold, wait a season and then go past it (which is what the uber active are doing now). The difference for me, is that those people aren't elite TPE earners and therefore will fall behind again once they do that - and if they don't, if they become elite TPE earners, that's good news for us. 

No, it'd have to be something lower. Otherwise if I'm drafted by a team I don't like, what's to stop me from sitting in the VHLM at 175 TPE for a few seasons earning no TPE until I'm not under their control.

Or do we want people to have that option?

Edited by Streetlight

Just now, Streetlight said:

No, it'd have to be something lower. Otherwise if I'm drafted by a team I don't like, what's to stop me from sitting in the VHLM at 175 TPE for a few seasons earning no TPE until I'm not under their control.

Or do we want people to have that option?

That's why I suggested that you wouldn't be drafted until you past the number and were eligible. Others would want the draft to function the same, but I think it has to be the other way, that way your draft year is still the year that your career clock starts. 

So if you tried to stay under, you'd just be in the VHLM and not eligible for the draft. HOWEVER, I now see that you could potentially use that to avoid a certain draft, so, stick with entering the draft the season after you create, just like now. Your career clock starts when you enter the VHL and the team that drafts you gains control of you when you enter the VHL, not when you're drafted. 

Cap the cash that you can earn in the VHLM to 3M or whatever it is that you can make in one season now and you'd have no incentive to stay longer unless you're the person this was designed for - someone who went inactive for a bit or who earns TPE at a slower rate but doesn't want to lose out on a year of eligibility (like Stevo).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Molholt said:

It's almost been 3 years since I last suggested this. As I speak as someone sitting here waiting on the trade deadline to be able to create, I'm reminded that this still isn't a thing and please implement it. 

Agreeing with Mo here from a new members perspective. I had IRL stuff crop up in my first season, now I've lost a whole season of my player and am going to be hamstrung going forward as I'm now 1-2 seasons behind. you still go into the draft after your first season but then your career clock doesn't start until your first VHL game, that would work nicely.

15 hours ago, Molholt said:

It's almost been 3 years since I last suggested this. As I speak as someone sitting here waiting on the trade deadline to be able to create, I'm reminded that this still isn't a thing and please implement it. 

Agreed