Goalies galore

BluObieZ

You know that old adage "Build from the net out"? well soon VHL franchises will have that opportunity. As it was pointed out earlier today in a different article that by S57 all ten VHL franchises should have franchise caliber goal tending. Which is a great thing because gone are the years where you only had a few franchise caliber goalies that would stay on their teams for their whole career or till the last few years. So While they were on those teams the other teams had to settle with less then great goal tending. Yes sure they were not bad but they were not going to win a cup just because of their goalies.  If they wanted a cup they would have shelter their goalies and hope that they can bring them to the promise land. Yes sometimes it worked out. But more often then not it did not. But not for much longer. S57 will mark the time that franchises will not be screaming for goalie help... Well you shouldn't be screaming for help. If you do not have your next goalie drafted by the end of the S54 draft you are pretty much fucked.

Apollo Skye 

Draft: S51

Current TPE: 409

Team: Davos

Apollo when he came into the league no one really thought twice about him because it was all about the Clegane brothers but now that they are coming to the end of their careers Apollo leads the pack of young goaltenders in the league. By S57 Apollo should be leading the league in most of all the goalie stats and should be leading Team USA. By S57 his career might be winding down and Davos may already have their next goalie lined up but Apollo will still be a rock solid goalie to rely on.

Rhett DeGrath

Draft: S52

Current TPE: 289

Team: Stockholm

Rhett is a beast, so much so that he was selected second overall by the Stockholm Vikings. Sure the S52 draft was not a star studded draft but Rhett a goalie going 2nd overall when they could have had him at 5th speaks volumes. Rhett will be a staple on Stockholms franchise if he sticks around with the team by S57 maybe and I say maybe he will bring them back to the cup days. But that's a big maybe. The question is not about him, it's about Stockholm the franchise since no one wants to sign there.

Edwin Threencarnacion

Draft: S52

Current TPE: 275

Team: Quebec

Edwin the 6th overall draft pick will be a star by S57. If you just look at the last few players Yeah had in his agency you will know why. Quebec yet another team that has a harder time bringing free agents in will have to get creative to be a cup contender but with Edwin in net they have one piece of the puzzle.

Rubber Band

Draft: S53

Current TPE: 138

Team: Not Drafted

Rubber is slowly becoming a household name in the VHLM. He is leading Bratislava to a probable cup is S52 which will show off what he can do. The question is will Rubber stick around that long or will he retire early like some of DT's players have in the past. If he sticks around whatever team drafts him will be very lucky to have him. 

M.T. Power

Current TPE: 197

Team: NYA

Power is pegged as the goalie of the future for the New York Americans. A very successful VHL franchise. If they build around him by S57 they should have contending team with a rock solid goalie that can and probably will lead them to the cup.

Jacob

Current TPE: 73

Team: Tits

Jacob the one named wonder kin. He may not be that great right now but he is signed by Higgins. I doubt that he will be average for much longer. Can Jacob bring the Tits up and make them great again like a great push up bra? I am willing to bet that if they surround this kid with the necessary players the the Tits might be a team to fear when S57 rolls around.

Vernon Von Axelberry

Draft: S54

Current TPE: 62

Team: None

The guy has never ever played or even watched a game of hockey. Yet he has been pouring on the practice hours and now sits at 62. 11 behind S53 Jacob. If Vernon keeps this up he can be a pretty high S54 pick and by S57 he can be just coming into his best years which means that the team that drafts him will have a solid wall in net. M.T. Power  

Marcus King

Current TPE: 62

When you sign with Kendrick you know you are hand picked to be the next great something, Marcus has the honor to be that next great goalie. When you compare him to Axelberry they might similar right now but come S57 things might look a bit different. When picking between these two guys you great goalies but one guy you get respect and loyalty and the other you get the "Don't care" and the "I am owed shit" attitude. King will be the better of the two, I am not that insane to think otherwise.

Torstein Ironside

Current TPE: 54

S54 Draft is the the year of the goalie. I swear the fuck. Axelberry, King and Ironside. This fucker will will be a monster much like his transformer name suggests. Ironside the 3rd of the trio will be a solid pick at any pick for any team needing goaies. In a draft where there is a ton of talent. They may slip a little because only a handful of teams will need goalies. Ironside is a great goalie to build your future team around. Come S57 you won't be sorry.

Also the goalie battles in 2-3 seasons time may turn out to be insanely crazy. We could see a lot of goalies struggle, or alternatively if we are all super active we could see the league scoring crawl to a halt. :P 

1 minute ago, KingRobbie said:

What can I say... I don't pay much attention to who's creating players. I just did the goalies I saw

It's okay, the last time you forgot me, Maxwell went on a good stretch of games. Guess I'm just playing to get you to notice me.

1 minute ago, Streetlight said:

It's okay, the last time you forgot me, Maxwell went on a good stretch of games. Guess I'm just playing to get you to notice me.

Who are you? ;) need to know who you are to maybe have a chance to notice you