The VHL's Most Improved Players

der meister

The duo of Diana Maxwell and Essian Ravenwing have had quite the start to their VHL careers, beginning with their time in Stockholm. Looked at as the offensive leaders of the Vikings, the pair struggled to get anything going on a depleted roster and were eventually traded to New York to begin fresh with the Americans. 

Season 52 in the VHL has finally shown the production that was expected from both players. Both are operating above a point per game pace and show considerable improvement in their all-around games.

With 7 games remaining on the regular season docket, Maxwell has jumped from 36 points to 86 points, a full 50 point swing from one season to the next, with the majority of that improvement coming from the assists category [15 to 51]. Another noteworthy improvement is in shooting percentage, where Maxwell has seen an increase of almost 1.5%.

Playing almost a minute and a half less per game than his counterpart, Ravenwing has seen a 39 point increase, going from 32 to 71. A playmaker, the Welshman's assist totaly has jumped from 21 to 57, and has also seen a turn around of +102 from season 51 to season 52. Perhaps the most peculiar stat for Ravenwing is his 8 game winners on 14 total goals, a number that marks him 6th in the league in that category.

No doubt some of that improvement comes from the high profile additions of VHL leading scorer Unassisted, who has 127 points, and all-around offensive threat Tom Lincoln, who adds 110 points of his own. To put it in perspective, the S51 New York Americans has a total of 199 points across their entire roster.

Maxwell seems a clear favorite for most improved player, but Ravenwing will no doubt receive some consideration as well. Regardless of who wins the individual accolade, however, the New York Americans seem to be a team that is finally putting all the pieces together.

Those two are pretty good contenders, haven't properly looked at the stats, but only other contender that comes to mind right away is Maximoff. Gone from three seasons of only being around a point per game I believe to being top 3 scorer in the league.

16 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

Heck even Unassisted could be a good candidate for most improved. From Koponen's shadow to MVP.

But I'm just looking at New York, I'm sure there are others out there who are in the discussion.

I always think of most improved as being underachiever to break out season, not star to superstar, but fair enough. 

10 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Those two are pretty good contenders, haven't properly looked at the stats, but only other contender that comes to mind right away is Maximoff. Gone from three seasons of only being around a point per game I believe to being top 3 scorer in the league.

Oh, yeah looking at it, I think this is another thing Green is going to get. Because he hasn't been lucky enough already. :P