VHLM goalies in S53

scoop

Up until recently, I have always had the intention of keeping mist4ke in the VHLM during S53. Even before he was created, I had a plan for Yukon that focused on us winning in S53 by gathering several players in the S52 draft who we would have for multiple seasons. mist4ke was meant to be one of those players. However, given the influx of goalies creates, I'm not so sure anymore.

I will definitely be able to earn enough TPE to be over 200 for the start of the season, but the idea would be that I just stop earning TPE at 199 until next season starts. I'm not sure exactly how much TPE I would be sacrificing to stay down, but if we estimate that after the current week, we'll have three more weeks, that would be something like 28 more weekly TPE for me. Then there is trivia payout which will likely be another 5, probably just 1 for VHFL, 5 more for off-season career stats update, 20 for achievement tracker, 10 for training camp, an estimated 6 for awards+predictions.. that's somewhere around 75 more TPE to add to my current 150. Given that paying in the VHLM would give me another season of a VHLM bonus and practice facility, I'd actually end up gaining back slightly more than the 25 TPE that I lost. Of course, I'd also lose out on a season of playing in the VHL. Still, the sacrifices to stay down were never really a big issue for me.

What now has me reconsidering is that there are so many new goalies. Right now, here are some names

Astrid Moon (likely VHL in S53)

Jacob (possibly VHL in S53)

Torstein Ironside

Markus King

Vernon Von Axelberry

Chet Manley

Revan Gotze

Ehh, I guess it won't be quite as crowded as I imagined. Add me to that group and you have seven goalies (assuming Moon in the VHL and Jacob in the VHLM).

for Maxwell

52 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Actually you get no bonus next year pal if you choose to stay down

Okay I wasn't sure if we ever did finalize a rule regarding that and wasn't going to be bothered to look it up for this. 

13 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

Okay I wasn't sure if we ever did finalize a rule regarding that and wasn't going to be bothered to look it up for this. 

Yeah, i believe that if you over 175 cap even without the 25 banked you have to give up the AT, just to deter people from doing that.

Better to find out now then next off-season 

7 hours ago, Smarch said:

Yeah, i believe that if you over 175 cap even without the 25 banked you have to give up the AT, just to deter people from doing that.

When did this happen?

7 hours ago, Smarch said:

To be honest knowing this won't really affect my decision. Where I am drafted, how the VHLM draft turns out, and whether or not Yukon wins this season will all play a role in my decision.

7 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Forever? That's why DeGrath  is in Stockholm

No.....DeGrath is in Stockholm because he would have had to give up like 20-30 TPE to stay down here and that wasn't really worth it. I'm just wondering, since I claimed AT when I was in the VHLM for my first VHL eligible season, so must be recent

34 minutes ago, The Bread Man said:

No.....DeGrath is in Stockholm because he would have had to give up like 20-30 TPE to stay down here and that wasn't really worth it. I'm just wondering, since I claimed AT when I was in the VHLM for my first VHL eligible season, so must be recent

It is recent. It's to avoid players wanting to stay down to boost a VHLM team when they are clearly ready to be in the VHL based on their TPE level. We want to encourage people to go to the VHL. Otherwise how are we supposed to every find out if the salary cap needs to be adjusted at all over the years.