Frank is the second best choice for Top Executive

scoop

Not that second matters, but if for some reason Devise were ineligible, Frank would get my vote. I don't believe for a moment that he would win, but I personally feel that he's the best candidate after Devise.

I suppose you could make a case for Banackock, but as I see it, he's just a worse Devise. The trade for Odinsson ended up a disaster, though I don't know how much we can fault him for that. Free agency didn't treat him well, and personally I find that to be his own fault. He put himself in a position, not attracting any free agents, where he had to trade for Joel Jarvi, giving up a cheap depth player in Max von Hohenzollern and a second round pick that could turn into another decent prospect. Meanwhile, Devise signed William Covington, whose top two choices were New York and Seattle. Covington wanted to sign early, but Banackock wanted to see what other free agents were doing first, costing him a player who he could've had a good shot at signing. Banackock didn't really do anything impressive other than I guess acquiring Biggu Kyanon.

Why not Toast? Well, the way I see it, he should have been able to acquire Phil and Jeff Hamilton. He had the cap space. But he didn't even offer for both of them. He didn't communicate with them that he could afford them both. He didn't try to convince them to sign with him. Given the roster the team had (just look at their defense), that pair could've made a huge difference. To lose them to Toronto, where they seemed to go more by default than anything else, is unforgivable when it comes to voting for this award, as far as I'm concerned.

What about eaglesfan? He didn't really do anything.

But why @Frank, a member known for usually being stupid? After acquiring Dadonov and Odinsson last season, he came into this off-season and recognized that moving forward with them and trying to compete sooner rather than later was not in the team's best interest. To get Dadonov and Odinsson, he gave up S52 SEA 1st, S52 SEA 2nd, S53 COL 1st, and S53 QUE 2nd. And then trading them away, he received S52 COL 1st, S53 SEA 1st, S53 SEA 2nd, and S54 COL 1st. He did also give up Sleeman, preventing him from getting probably another second round pick somewhere. But he did also receive a couple other players, though those guys are essentially nobodies. The point is, though, the fact that he was able to still come out basically even on the exchange (and depending on how Cologne does in S54, he could come out ahead) is impressive. I definitely see it as having done a better job than any other GM aside from Devise.