Americans streaking

scoop

The Americans are now winners of ten in a row, their longest streak of the season, pushing them into first place in the standings as we approach the halfway point of the season. Two of these wins were against the Bears. They were the first two meetings this season between the two teams, and these wins helped New York leapfrog Seattle in the standings. The playoff race in the North American Conference is expected to come down to these two teams vying for the bye, though Quebec should be easily dispatched in the first round by whoever has to play them. And, if last season is any indication, winning the Victory Cup does not necessarily equate to putting up a good fight in the playoffs, as the Americans sent the Bears home in five games after Seattle won the regular season. I have no idea where I'm going with this line of thought, so I'll move on.

Along with playing Seattle in that set of ten, the Americans faced Helsinki for the final three times of the season. The Titans had been giving them problems, particularly early on in the season, but the Americans seem to have figured them out. With all eight games in the books against them now, winning those final three has evened up the season series between these two teams. Helsinki has been struggling a bit as of late not just against New York, as they have fallen to third in the European Conference after a very strong showing early in the season against New York as well as other top teams in Seattle and Stockholm.

for Maxwell

Edited by Streetlite