Claimed:The Pajodcast - Trade Deadline Insanity

Devise

If You Click It, You Will Hear

Just a two man show recorded earlier today as scheduling conflicts are a bitch. We'll for sure be back to three men again next week. However we discuss the deadline deal, Jarvi, that whole situation, Helsinki VHLhax, what a sped up regular season could look like if we tried to do it accurately. (Tip, Drapers idea of adding an extra sim every weekend day actually works well enough with the math that players wouldn't be losing a seriously noticeable amount of TPE per career by the increase.) 

That is about it. 

16269184.gif

Just now, Devise said:

Wasn't a full joke though. :P 

Yes it was. Robbie would never waive to go to Cologne. Greg backed out on our trade agreement (Jarvi to Helsinki) because he wanted to go for the single season record. Later greg wanted the trade voided.

Just now, Higgins said:

Yes it was. Robbie would never waive to go to Cologne. Greg backed out on our trade agreement (Jarvi to Helsinki) because he wanted to go for the single season record. Later greg wanted the trade voided.

@BobertZ Is far more of a "wildcard" than you give him credit for. He could of very easily done it for "insert any Robbie reason here."  

But I think no matter how you look at it, the Helsinki deal you guys posted after the fact was certainly illegal. :P 

4 minutes ago, Devise said:

@BobertZ Is far more of a "wildcard" than you give him credit for. He could of very easily done it for "insert any Robbie reason here."  

But I think no matter how you look at it, the Helsinki deal you guys posted after the fact was certainly illegal. :P 

From all I've heard from Robbie is that he wants to win a championship.

Also accusations of tampering, although you did back peddle later and realized a player messaging him isn't considered tampering. I didn't message Robbie aside from him messaging me asking who is on Helsinki and by when he had to waive his NTC. Which I just refereed to Will.

Another note, I did have a deal lined up to trade for a goaltender, but I had to back out because I didn't think it was worth it without getting Jarvi. If this didn't happen last second (joke trade) I definitely would have pulled the trigger on a goalie trade.

4 minutes ago, Higgins said:

From all I've heard from Robbie is that he wants to win a championship.

Also accusations of tampering, although you did back peddle later and realized a player messaging him isn't considered tampering. I didn't message Robbie aside from him messaging me asking who is on Helsinki and by when he had to waive his NTC. Which I just refereed to Will.

Another note, I did have a deal lined up to trade for a goaltender, but I had to back out because I didn't think it was worth it without getting Jarvi. If this didn't happen last second (joke trade) I definitely would have pulled the trigger on a goalie trade.

Hmm so perhaps we helped Stockholm here, although tough to say if Helsinki would be better with SWC3 or with a better goalie. 

I mean even your team messaging him is messed up. But remember I'm of the opinion that because Robbie decided to wait too waive his NTC the choice presented to him should of been Cologne or NY because the Helsinki trade was with a player who wasn't on Colognes roster yet. And as stated in the cast the "position it as a three way deal" argument doesn't work since I wouldn't of flat agreed to that as it was. Although Robbie could of waived before the deadline and then the deal happened and I'd of been fine with it. 

It's clear to me this was a joke trade, the only team to benefit from your COL/NY deal was HSK. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the COL/NY deal.

I posted in the HSK LR only 5 minutes before, I said that I had let the team down by not being able to acquire Jarvi after I told them we were back in the off-season.

To be truthful. Higgins only answered my questions. As in LR activity and who was on the team. No tampering was done. I was not going to waive to Cologne.  I was only going to waive to go somewhere that had a legit shot. If i was going to a team that no shot at even getting to the final that would make no sense since I was on NY