Claimed: Uneducated try to guess what will happen

jRuutu

Perhaps the most exciting moment in VHL season is soon here, it´s the draft of course! Always interesting to see what teams do in the draft, do they just keep their picks, try to move higher or trade them away and get players who are more ready now? Never know, one thing is for sure though, there are some excellent prospects in this years draft.

I will now try to guess with very limited research on what the first round might look like. 

:tor: Toronto has the first overall pick:

They more than likely will pick a goalie, but could just as well go for a center,defender or a winger. Tough choice really and me mentioning all the positions, I have now pretty much guaranteed getting at least the position of the first overall pick right. Ironside from the goalies would be the safest pick, since he will almost guaranteed to be a success for Toronto. That is what you want from a first overall pick, someone who will deliver. King, Fook Yu and Fedorov are quite safe picks as well, could build your team around them, but still going to guess first overall pick will be goalie, who knows when you get a chance to add a goalie into your roster next time?

:dav: Davos second overall:

Davos is in pretty similar place as Toronto at the moment, could use player in multiple positions, they do have a promising goalie in the roster, so perhaps a center or defender is the player for them, if Toronto takes a goalie first overall, then I would have to throw Fook Yu and Fedorov out there first.

:hel:Helsinki picks third:

Team with a pretty solid looking roster, at least at the moment. Defender or a winger could be the most logical options if the current roster stays together, going to assume Fook Yu is in Davos by now, leaving Fedorov and Abbot from the top defenders still available, if they want a winger, Rudolph Schmeckeldorf or Takashi Fujimoto are excellent picks. Chances are you will find a winger more likely in the future than a defender, so my money is on Fedorov or Abbot for third overall.

:rig:Riga fourth overall:

Riga is a team going through a rebuild of some kind, they have few top players in the team, but also few promising centers coming up, so defender, goalie or a winger have to be the top targets in this years draft. If I would have to guess, Abbot or Fedorov again. If Riga is getting rid of few of the older guys during off-season, then I could see Riga going after King at fourth overall.

:que: Quebec chooses next:

Our goalie situation looks rather nice, so winger, center or a defender is my top guess for fifth overall pick. Rudolph Schmeckeldorf or Takashi Fujimoto could grow to be franchise level wingers in Quebec, Gretzky as one of the center could very well be picked in the top-5, but if one of Fedorov or Abbot is still there, either one of them next to my cool looking player would be pretty ideal first pairing to have. Tough choice.

That is the top five. Will now close my eyes and try to predict the picks 5 to 10 with less words:

:sto: Stockholm at sixth overall will take a winger, RudolpTakashi or Verner.

:hel:Helsinki choosing a player again on the first round, seventh overall, if they pick a defender at second overall, I´m going to guess they will try and get winger at 7th, one of Rudolp,Takashi or Verner again.

:que:Quebec also for the second time in the first round, eight overall, assuming all the top wingers are gone by now, Gretzky as a center is a excellent pick and someone who would get a big role almost right away. Is he there at eight overall anymore though? If not, one of the wingers mentioned few times could very well still be there. 

:nya:The Americans will pick 9th, looking at their team, they might go after a defender first, so Jon Snow or Jean Claude Girard are my picks.

:cal:Last team to pick in the first round is Calgary at 10th overall, they could use a goalie prospect in their organization, so Von Axelberry will be picked as a last player in the first round.

There you have it, my try to guess what will happen. These are perhaps not as on point as some others, but I don´t really know what ties different users have to different organizations, so just tried to guess the picks more from what teams could use on their roster now or in the future. At least 80% will be wrong, so do not use this information when coming up with a plan on who to pick for your team!

@Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins  @Higgins@Higgins   @Higgins                      @Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins  @Higgins@Higgins   @Higgins                     @Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins @Higgins                   @Higgins                    @Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins @Higgins                    @Higgins                 @Higgins

@Higgins@Higgins @Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                @Higgins@Higgins

@Higgins@Higgins@Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                         @Higgins 

@Higgins               @Higgins @Higgins                                        @Higgins

@Higgins               @Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                           @Higgins

@Higgins               @Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                          @Higgins

22 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

@Higgins                 @Higgins  @Higgins@Higgins   @Higgins                      @Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins  @Higgins@Higgins   @Higgins                     @Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins @Higgins                   @Higgins                    @Higgins

@Higgins                 @Higgins @Higgins                    @Higgins                 @Higgins

@Higgins@Higgins @Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                @Higgins@Higgins

@Higgins@Higgins@Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                         @Higgins 

@Higgins               @Higgins @Higgins                                        @Higgins

@Higgins               @Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                           @Higgins

@Higgins               @Higgins @Higgins@Higgins                          @Higgins

that's art. almost comparable to Jokinen pictures!

2 minutes ago, Ahma said:

that's art. almost comparable to Jokinen pictures!

Thanks :D Was surprisingly easy to do, was expecting a lot harder process when I took this little task for myself, but I´m glad I did, finished product looks delightful! 

Just now, jRuutu said:

Thanks :D Was surprisingly easy to do, was expecting a lot harder process when I took this little task for myself, but I´m glad I did, finished product looks delightful! 

It looks like a really tough task. The result is something remarkable

Might have to try it myself sometime.

Just now, Ahma said:

It looks like a really tough task. The result is something remarkable

Might have to try it myself sometime.

You should, you feel really good once you are finished. Little bit like going out for a run and then stopping when you cant go no more, that runners high!