Claimed: Stories surround the Draft

Kesler

Yes, you're reading another media spot that I am writing right now by no other than yours truly. This is actually my second idea for a media spot for this week but I decided this one would maybe create more buzz? Because who doesnt like more buzz? The reason why I am having to resort to writing a media spot for the second week now is because after finishing up my player card my pirated Photoshop CS6 started acting up so here we are. I'am gonna get into a couple of interesting stories leading up to and on draft day. Also I'am not proof reading this so....

Helsinki's goaltending 

Image result for martin Jones sharks

Ha okay i actually think this is pretty funny, right now if you asked Da Trifecta if he was the Titans goalie of the future you would probably expect an irrational answer. Or at least I would anyways..If you were to ask Higgins you could expect some normal Higgins witty answer that probably wouldnt make much sense. Now as of right now Higgins defends Da Trifecta's antics on the boards and simply says "he creates activity" and sure, he does, but in doing so negativity usually is the plus one. Looking at this situation, I see three options, all of which (I believe) could very well happen. Number one, Higgins is simply content with holding onto Moon and will continue to defend Da Trifecta on the boards and Higgins preys that Da Trifecta doesnt retire early like history would suggest. Number two, Higgins feels the need to trade Moon and get a younger goaltender that is in this draft. The return on Moon would likely be low (a second for example from what Davos got for Skye) so as far as asset management that would be a loss as Moon was selected in the first round. Nonetheless Helsinki would be looking at selecting with the third overall pick one of Marcus King or Torstein Ironside and I am sure any team that ends up with either will be happy. Number three, Helsinki bites the bullet with the low return but instead of going younger, they go older and by older they get significantly better and they sign Jakab Holik in free agency and still have the third overall pick to improve there team for down the road. 

Davos and second overall

Image result for la kings draft

I think its pretty much a foregone conclusion as to what happens at first overall, a goaltender no doubt will be taken at that pick. But second overall is where all conclusions can go to rest. Smarch recently took over as General Manager of the HC Davos Dynamo and this is his first time being a VHL General Manager so there is no history as to what kind of General Manager he is. The talent at second overall will without a doubt be a franchise player that Davos is very dire need of, although they do have a franchise goaltender in Mistake there going to need to surround him with as much talent as possible before his entry level contract runs up. So it would be an understatement to say this pick is important to the franchise, Smarch has given the VHL something though as regarding to this pick, he has stated he will not be picking someone who mainly earns TPE through welfare. Well it just so happens to be that the highest TPE skater (ironic, no?) Fook Yu, will most likely be earning the majority of his tpe through welfare so that takes him out of the picture. I think Davos has the choice between Aleksei Federov, Hudson Abbott, Shawn Gretzky and of course, Pablo. Now I am not sure what the relationship is between Banack and Smarch and whether or not Smarch would want a GMs second player to be on his team, that remains to be unseen but I think Federov would be a real good pickup and could lead to a tremendous duo with Mistake in net. Hudson Abbott I believe could also be in play at this pick for all the same reasons why Federov is and isnt too far behind in TPE but Bushito is not a GM so this could be a positive. The next two players are both centers and both currently have a decent amount of TPE less than the defenseman, but both Gretzky and Pablo are arguably in a position that is more important than that of defense. A true number one franchise centerman only comes around once in awhile and they sure do cost a lot to acquire so you're only real option to acquire one is through the draft. I believe both players have the potential to do this and both members are obviously active so it  should really come down too, who would smarch enjoy more on his team? One factor that could play into his decision is the fact Pablo could potentially move to defense and that I believe would make him irrelevant in the decision as to who is picked at number two.

841 words