Claimed: Returnees and first-gens in S55 VHL draft.

hedgehog337

I know it's @Kendrick's job to do the draft rankings, but my article is a little bit different anyway. We've seen a lots of returnees and first-gen players who were declaring for the S55 draft lately and I might change my opinion on that event. Before the season started, I doubted the quality of an upcoming draft, but perhaps I'm wrong with that. And these players will try to prove me wrong.

NOTE: This article is only about returnees and first-gens. Consistent member recreates (like @stevo, @Frank and @Advantage) and GM players are not included here. 

DEFENSE

Attēlu rezultāti vaicājumam “hockey player makes a hit”

This position is causing much problems for the VHL league. No matter how promising S50 or S52 drafts were, the league still lacks of quality defenders. Right now it looks more promising with Savard and Lane. But even if we will take em out, there are still some guys that probably won't make it into the lottery pick, but a mid/late first round steal? Sure. 

1. Nicodemus Raven - :ott:, TPE: 44 @Fowll

A.k.a. Siliņš from LSHL league. I wasn't even in that league when he had his peak, as much as the VHL league didn't see him in action. We actually were the S42 draft fellows, but guess who was that steal :P. Now he returned with another try and I must say that this attempt looks more promising already. He even is trying to make a rookie profile and right now the Riga Reign GM is hoping that he won't lose his spark. 

2. Michael Kinkaid - :ott:, TPE: 44 @Symmetrik

An interesting fact - all three +/- active returnee/first-gen defenders are playing in Ottawa. Right now this player looks like a late first round pick as his progress is slower than recreate's and Raven's. But also I know Symmetrik is already having players at least on three sim leagues, maybe even all 4, so it's not so easy to have a time for all of his players. We hope Kinkaid won't be his last priority. 

3. Hodor - :osl:TPE: 34 @Hodor

HODORRRRR! That's an interesting player to watch. He isn't doing much, but everytime he goes into the public, his only word is his name. 

On 11.04.2017 at 11:22 PM, Hodor said:

Hooooodooooorrrrrrr

That's a good way how to make people to remember his name. If he will make it at least into the third pairing on any VHL team - that's a success already. 

4. Niko Bogdanavic - :ott:TPE: 33 @Jonessee27

Now that's a member VHL hasn't seen for a long time. I'm about Jonesse, not Bogdanavic, if you're still wondering. I've heard he won't do more than claiming welfares and that might make the VHL GM's sad, but even 3 TPE is better than 0 and perhaps this league will be attractive enough for him to make a full return. 

Dark horses: Darryl & Carryl Took. ( @suggestiveavocado & @suggestiveeggplant ) They didn't log in after making a player, but maybe @Green could bring them back. 

RIGHT WING

Attēlu rezultāti vaicājumam “patrick kane”

The winger position is always popular, especially the right ones. Here we have Fuk D. World who is about to be another @stevo's solid depth player. But what we have outside of him? 

1. Les Clarke - ???, TPE: 30 @AwfulHomesick

I gotta say, not much so far. AH had a solid goalie in past (Blaine Olynick) and I suppose he wants to make another try. Will it be another welfare player or more than that? Only Homesick knows the answer, but right now he's still at 30 TPE, so FDW is staying safe. 

2. Alexander McKinley - ???, TPE: 30 @Caillean

Another player with some potential. She had a solid defenseman, Jaime Hill and I even played with her in Calgary for one season. Her try with Kevin Jalopski hadn't much success, although two (?) Founder Cups kinda saves Kevin's career. Is the third time a charm? No, because of Hill, but let's hope she will devote more time with McKinley than she did with Jalopski. 

LEFT WING

Saistīts attēls

I don't know why, but lots of members are ignoring this position. The last HoF LW player was drafted in S35 (Parechkin and Reencarnation might be close to it though) and we don't see much LW's now. The last draft had only @Corco's Schmeckeldorf, what about now? 

1. Xavier Laflamme - :osl:, TPE: 49 @Laflamme

This player takes the cake as he's the only left winger out of all S55 draftees. How predictable. Also, he's the best TPE earner out of non-draftees and I've heard he even considering to take a VHLM GM job (Yukon). A good start for a member, whose only player had 430 or so TPE and I think he has all the tools to give star recreates a run of their money and make it into the lottery pick. 

CENTERS

Attēlu rezultāti vaicājumam “hockey player makes a shot”

I'm starting to like this position as Krīgars is putting a show lately. This draft already has two GM players - @Banackock's Forsberg and @DollarAndADream's Boeser. Are there any guys who can put up a fight against them? 

1. Rudy Ying - where's the Aces' logo?, TPE: 43 @punkhippie

The answer is yes. The first guy is an Asian one and think @tfong will be happy to start a Fong vs Ying rivalry. Punkhippie a.k.a Anderson had so interesting history with VHL we can even read the whole story in VHL 20 in 20 edition. Now he's back and hopefully he won't make any multis + fading away quickly. Definitely one of the guy who can be drafted by a lottery team. 

2. Corey Klopfenstein - :ott:TPE: 42 @crutchfield

Crutch had a multiple attempts to make a good player, but every time it ended with a fail. This time, he already did two GFX PT's so maybe we could see a nice battle between Corey and Ying. I think we might have a quality steal right here. 

GOALIES

Saistīts attēls

We had a serious influx of goalies in last draft and seems like nobody is looking for them for the next 2-3 seasons. Except for Riga - they have no goalie and Zeptenbergs is going to watch them very closely. Is there any goalie to watch though? 

1. Key Perought - ACES' LOGO, PLEASE!!!, TPE: 46, @NUCK

His Bubba Nuck was a solid defenceman, but he went inactive before Bubba's retirement. Now it's a second try and he's doing nice so far. He said that he'll likely be inactive, but so far he did 2 PT's already. That's the good news for Riga GM and let's hope this time he will get his job done. 

2. Eddie King - ???, TPE: 38 @Mr Bohannan

He joined the league only yesterday, but he's ready to make Perought's life more difficult. His birthplace is interesting as well. Moreso, Kurland (Courland) is an ex-duchy on Latvia's territory and that fact can raise his stock up on Zep's eyes. There is only one thing Eddie needs to do - work. 

That's it for today.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars.

2 minutes ago, Fowll said:

Who are you satan and how you know me? 

And actually I'm writing rookie profile right now :D

Good work. 

I can't say I know you very well. As well as you don't know about me much. 

I just know you were playing in Trieciens with @Paramorise, Skipper, @kikish18 and other guys who hated Viedais before LSHL died. ^_^

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

I can't say I know you very well. As well as you don't know about me much. 

I just know you were playing in Trieciens with @Paramorise, Skipper, @kikish18 and other guys who hated Viedais before LSHL died. ^_^

Ah you are one of that two SHL guys? 

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Who they are? 

I'm that crybaby whining guy, who was bitching about NHL09 ''random'' when my goalie was sucking big dildos. Nick Name, if you ever remember that scrub. 

I can't remember. But it's not nessescery :)

31 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I joined the league in S7 and you were inactive at that time. 

Btw, you should have 52 TPE, if you did your RP. Good start!

Yeah,I have already did it. I just need somone who check it, because my language is horrible 

• Head Moderator

1. Rudy Ying - where's the Aces' logo?, TPE: 43 @punkhippie

The answer is yes. The first guy is an Asian one and think @tfong will be happy to start a Fong vs Ying rivalry. Punkhippie a.k.a Anderson had so interesting history with VHL we can even read the whole story in VHL 20 in 20 edition. Now he's back and hopefully he won't make any multis + fading away quickly. Definitely one of the guy who can be drafted by a lottery team. 

Hes never lasted long enough to actually create a rivalry haha.

On 16/04/2017 at 1:41 PM, hedgehog337 said:

Who they are? 

I'm that crybaby whining guy, who was bitching about NHL09 ''random'' when my goalie was sucking big dildos. Nick Name, if you ever remember that scrub. 

GO Aizputes Indiāņi! And of course it is always a good article when you are mentioned in it! ;)