Claimed: 100 minutes

jRuutu

100_minutes.jpg

I reached a personal milestone  already and we have played about 40 games so far in the regular season. That milestone is the always so magical, 100 penalty minutes in one season! This year is my second year when I manage to reach that. Last year I got 101 penalty mins in the whole season, so now that I have reached 100 minutes already, I got a chance to set up a wicked personal record in penalty minutes during one season.

If my math calculations are correct, the 100th penalty minute of the season was hooking minor in the game against Helsinki Titans. If I´m completely honest, I´m bit dissappointed in the reaction I got from the audience, other players on ice and more importantly, the coach of Quebec. They did not even notice that it was the 100th penalty minute!  Can you believe that?

penalty_box_small.JPG

I waited in the penalty box that they show maybe something on the jumbo screen and then all the guys on both of the benches would tap their sticks on the boards with naturally the audience giving round of applause, some might even stand up to show their appreciation, but nothing, absolutely nothing. When I was done sitting on the penalty box for two minutes, I skated directly to the bench where the coach did not say or do anything either. That really hurt my feelings. I could not even think straight for rest of the game and unfortunately that showed, I had to take three more penalties during rest of the game. All I could think of during the rest of game was the total lack of respect the hockey world showed to me reaching 100 minutes of penalties so early in the season.

I have managed to put that to the past now, we talked with the guys of Quebec after the Helsinki game, they shaked my hand and told me how much the appriciate me taking the penalty minutes. It´s nice to get recognition from your teammates, so as far as I´m concerned, the 100th penalty min fiasco is done deal. I´m focusing in the future now and maybe breaking the 200 penalty min mark during this year. I think it will be hard, but I´m going to put my back to it and get to work.

Short-Bench-Hockey.jpg

I´m not going to change my overall playing style too much though, but now that a special milestone like this is up for grabs, I might drop the gloves more often and start trash talking while sitting on the bench. In the past I have kept my mouth shout while sitting on the bench, but if you manage to piss people off little bit while technically being out of the game, that will start to show in the penalty min totals at some point.  I have heard refs hate it when you scream something to them during commercial breaks, so that is something I will for sure look into and try in the near future.

9 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Would be more funny if the Titans shook your hand after the game and showed their appreciation for all the power play opportunities

They did not say or do anything :(

10 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

You've been in the penalty box more than I've been on the ice :o

I have spent almost three times more minutes in the penalty box as you have on the ice :D 

9 hours ago, Will said:

I have 0 

:th_regansuccess:

Lets see how long that will last, if you still have 0 at the end of the season, I will shoot the puck in to the crowd and say that you did it :shades: