Claimed: The trade deadline storylines.

1297848261501_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

*Are the GM's starting to sweat already?*

The off-season almost always was the most exciting period for everyone. All these trades, drafts and other dramas are the reasons why the VHL league is buzzing at that time. There also is a trade deadline - another interesting period, where we can see some shocking and significant trades that can change the landscape of this league. The question for now is: will the S54 trade deadline be as exciting as at least the last season's one with Jarvi and SWC III?

In my opinion, no. There are not a lot of options anymore as Rodriguez and Virtanen were already traded to Quebec and seems like Gowecny isn't going anywhere. Although there is one team that could make an interesting deal, and that's not the Riga Reign. But knowing their GM, I assume he won't sell his players for scraps, so let's wait for the next off-season perhaps. Let's talk about the options for this trade deadline instead:

1. First of all, three out of four contender teams still have a cap space for some players. One of them is the Quebec City Meute. @Frank already has a stacked depth, but apparently he still has some M's left and that means he might search for another depth guy. Rumors are swirling he is very interested in Marc-Alexandre Leblanc from Riga. Reign's GM Benjamin Zeptenbergs is not giving any comments on this though, so it remains to be seen what he's going to do. As about Frank, he also has his S56 first round pick, that's another interesting option here.

2. Another team that has a cap is the Stockholm Vikings team. @Advantage is staying quiet during this season and we can't blame him for that - his team is leading the league and there are no signs of slowing down. And we have to keep in mind that he has only two third round picks: it's obvious he can't do much with these assets. If he ever will do the trade, he will likely give up his younger player, Luigi De Rossi.

3. The most interesting storyline of them all is about Travis Gowecny and potential HEL/CGY trade. @eaglesfan036 told us he won't sell his best guy, but I'm not sure @Higgins is done with the trade talks with Eagles. What do you think: will Helsinki GM give up the S55 first round pick for Gow-ek-nee, or he thinks his team can oust Stockholm out of playoffs with the current roster? Stay tuned guys. And yes, Higgins also can bring some depth as well. 

While we can't expect something crazy in this trade deadline, I think there's a possibilty we will see at least one more trade, even if it won't produce much discussion, like it happened with the last season's three-way dance between Cologne, Helsinki and New York. We have only +/- 1,5 days left before the trade deadline ends and GM's will need to hurry up if they want to make their team's future more bright.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Petenis.