Claimed: Closing in 500

jRuutu

The cool little milestone is not that far away, I´m currently sitting on 487 TPE, so if everything go as planned, I should be at 500 TPE in two weeks from now, maybe even earlier.  Reaching fairly big number like 500 means I´m getting close to actually being a great player in VHL, but seeing how the league is now, it does not feel as good as I hoped it would when I created Jokinen seasons ago.

I´m playing in Quebec, we have won 45 games of the 55 so far. That is right, 45 games out of 55. Insane total, but it´s getting hard to feel excited about regular season when we have already clinched the playoff spot and there is almost 20 games left to be played.  Quebec has 93 points in 55 games, Americans second with 82 and guess who is third? Legion with 39 points... 39!! They fight about the last playoff spot with Wranglers who got 32 points and with the Bears. My guess is that Legion or the Wranglers will be the third team from North-American division to make the playoffs. Bears have 25 points at the moment, so 14 points behind Legion. That might be too much especially since the season is getting towards it end.

This season has been perhaps the least exciting season in my whole time in VHL, I don´t pay any attention to this stuff usually, I check the sims and LR,  do my PT´s and then head off, so if you ask from me about this season in few season from now, I cant remember anything, but at the moment this season indeed feels like something that I would just be happy to forget. At least the regular season, has it always been like this? Struggle to find excitement about the regular season and playoffs being the only thing that matters?

I mean, look at the standings from both divisions. Granted, European division is not that bad , Vikings got 98, Titans 82 and Reign with 60 points. Then Davos comes behind with 40 and Express with 32 but I think it´s crazy that Express who is last in European division, is only 7 points behind the third placed team in North-American division!  Of course there is still solid amount of games left, but god damn.

I kinda lost track where I´m heading with this glorious article already, but I just want to say that if this is something that keeps on happening in the future with VHL, Fabio Jokinen will be my last player. There is hardly any feel of excitement in VHL, all we do is wait for the playoffs to start or that is what I have noticed personally doing for some time now.  I don´t really create any content around the boards or anything to create that excitement, but regular season should mean more than it does now, I guess that is the hidden message behind my ramblings. 

But yea, 500 TPE soon and then off towards 600,700 and 800! :que:

3 minutes ago, Jonessee27 said:

500 is a milestone. Was trying to get that with my last guy but got burned out at 400 exactly. Aiming for that with my new guy. Congrats on the hit when it comes soon. 

Thanks!

Good luck with your journey to 500 TPE!  You will reach it before you even know it ;)

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

This season has been perhaps the least exciting season in my whole time in VHL, I don´t pay any attention to this stuff usually, I check the sims and LR,  do my PT´s and then head off, so if you ask from me about this season in few season from now, I cant remember anything, but at the moment this season indeed feels like something that I would just be happy to forget. At least the regular season, has it always been like this? Struggle to find excitement about the regular season and playoffs being the only thing that matters?

I wouldn't say it's always been like this, but I have felt that way in past seasons myself and this is a particularly bad regular season unfortunately with how bad half of the league is and the lack of mid-season transactions. That feeling about how you mentioned this might be your last player if it keeps up as well is why I'm pushing for contraction, just anything to make the regular season mean a little more so that we don't wind up scaring off those who've been around a while through the wear and tear of multiple uncompetitive regular seasons. 

10 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

I wouldn't say it's always been like this, but I have felt that way in past seasons myself and this is a particularly bad regular season unfortunately with how bad half of the league is and the lack of mid-season transactions. That feeling about how you mentioned this might be your last player if it keeps up as well is why I'm pushing for contraction, just anything to make the regular season mean a little more so that we don't wind up scaring off those who've been around a while through the wear and tear of multiple uncompetitive regular seasons. 

Yea I ´remember´ things being more tight some time ago when I was with my last player. Could just be me being fairly new to sim leagues back then and as usual, forgetting how things really were. :P But this season has been something else.  Everybody wants to win, but when it happens like this, kinda takes the fun away little bit.  No team should be able to secure playoff spot this early. We could use nothing but bots and lose every game 7-0 for rest of the season and we we would be in the playoffs. That is terrible. :(