A public apology

boubabi

edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid-is-interv

Franchise Cornerstone addressed the media later tonight, after the 4-2 lost in Helsinki, with a public apology he would like to make. 

"I'm deeply sorry" he said. "I'm not a dirty player and I don't want to have this reputation through my career"

The titans were short a player with only 17 minutes played in the first period when Franchise Cornerstone decided to drop the glove versus his draft class rival, Lukas Muller. "We are old friends, but thing were heating up and I had to defend myself" The "defend himself" aspect wasn't well received by the referees, who gave him a game misconduct penalty for instigating the fight. That same penalty result in a goal on the PP by the sniper (more like assault riffle amirite) AK47, and gave the Meute a 1-0 lead. Short fro ma man, the Titans only managed 14 shots on net, and an absurd 1 shot in the 3rd period. 

"Boys were tired and I take the blame for the lost, can't judge them from that performance"

The season ended on a good note with a 2-0 win in Helsinki vs the Bears.  That win also confirmed the hitless season Cornerstone had, which is remarkable by the eyes of his agent. Fun fact, Cornerstone only had 1 hit in 144 career games and he's looking to keep that (slow) pace  for the rest of his career, as he sees hits like a waste of energy and very "pre-VHL".

"The game is now focused on speed and agility". "It's like a game of chess, everyone has their turn and it's a game of mistakes, being aggressive only results of a waste of energy."

Cornerstone and the Titans are ready to host the Reign, who did surprisingly well against the Titans all season long.

Prediction : Helsinki in 6