Starting Over

so instead of GUESSING at stats TPE etc..... it might be eaiser to maybe just start over. everyone gets 200 TPE and people re crete and we start from scratch. in my opinion its easier then guessing and hoping pople get shit right

• Commissioner

so instead of GUESSING at stats TPE etc..... it might be eaiser to maybe just start over. everyone gets 200 TPE and people re crete and we start from scratch. in my opinion its easier then guessing and hoping pople get shit right

It's definitely easier but it also means people put in a lot of effort for effectively no gain which is obviously a little rough. I think a better thing to do would be to give everyone a percentage of their last updated TPE amount (can be figured out from sim files) and have everyone re-create with that. That way the amount people did means something.

Still though, as much as its a pain to hope people get things right  the majority, I don't believe, want to see their work go down the drain and the VHL effectively start over.

That would throw off a bunch a history. People have worked too hard for it to just be thrown away.

At the same time history in the form of sim files are gone from any seasons we had on SMF anyway unless we can somehow get the backup to work. If there were a time to start fresh it would be now.

i think we should start over, might give people some more unf to work and get better. i mean dont discredit them or screw them of TPE of course giv them a percentage, but instead of trying to guess stats, salary, stuff that would be to hard to remevber maybe give thema % of there last update and have then re create and sort of have a restart maybe even a fantasy draft?   just a idea

• Commissioner

i think we should start over, might give people some more unf to work and get better. i mean dont discredit them or screw them of TPE of course giv them a percentage, but instead of trying to guess stats, salary, stuff that would be to hard to remevber maybe give thema % of there last update and have then re create and sort of have a restart maybe even a fantasy draft?   just a idea

It could screw over some teams but what about a combination platter? Anyone who wants to try and get as close to their former player as possible is free to do so and we'll trust people to get as close as possible. However, if people want to start fresh they can re-create now with a flat percentage of their last recorded TPE plus a bit for the off-season that was never updated. Say like 15% across the board or something rather than having the percentage based on number of years played. That way people who want a fresh start because of this are free to get one (and likely with a bit of a bonus over regular retirement) but those who don't want to lose what they have also have that option.

It could screw over some teams but what about a combination platter? Anyone who wants to try and get as close to their former player as possible is free to do so and we'll trust people to get as close as possible. However, if people want to start fresh they can re-create now with a flat percentage of their last recorded TPE plus a bit for the off-season that was never updated. Say like 15% across the board or something rather than having the percentage based on number of years played. That way people who want a fresh start because of this are free to get one (and likely with a bit of a bonus over regular retirement) but those who don't want to lose what they have also have that option.

i do really like that idea, like i know before the site died i was at 285ish tpe but i only 260 [ doesnt seem like it but thats allot]  and i want to be dead accurate. not having it updated prior hurt me allot but i also dont want to re-create because i dont want to piss people off. at the same time i think we need to find a middle ground as well, cause for those who do an dont recreate could give teams a MAJOR advantage and make ti harder for people to get better

Sorry but starting over is not an option for a lot of the players. I'll speak for myself now that I'm on track to make a run at the highest first gen TPE. If I were to lose that run, I would likely not even continue playing. People put a lot of effort in their players and the progression just to start over. It might work for some of the more casual players who occassionaly do a PT, but for those trying to achieve great things, it would just be a stab in the back.

• Commissioner

In the interest of fairness the middle ground I offered above isn't overly different from if people just retired anyway, just offers a flat percentage instead of it being based on years player. For players that WANT to start fresh because of this I doubt anything is really stopping them from just retiring and re-creating anyway if we kept going without any regulation on it. I'm sure most GM's would completely understand.

Sorry but starting over is not an option for a lot of the players. I'll speak for myself now that I'm on track to make a run at the highest first gen TPE. If I were to lose that run, I would likely not even continue playing. People put a lot of effort in their players and the progression just to start over. It might work for some of the more casual players who occassionaly do a PT, but for those trying to achieve great things, it would just be a stab in the back.

Take er easy big fella.

So just to be clear this isn't even remotely up for discussion.

We have definitive data of everyone's TPE and attributes up until the S34 playoffs, meaning that the only TPE that isn't accounted for in MOST cases is from the course of the playoffs and offseason. Between the number of weeks, TC, predictions, awards and such we have around 40-50 TPE (based off a few guys who have their TPE totals memorized. If player store inflates that number we can track that because we have the entire player store saved in a google doc (thanks to Devise back in the mid twenties). We're going to go based on the honour system. Someone will calculate the number of weeks as far as PTs go, and if you did PTs in each of those weeks you claim that (and jobs and shit). That along with things like predictions and awards will be able to be tracked.

If someone has more unupdated TPE they can bring it to the attention of a blue team or BoG member, and we'll green light it for the updaters.

As for retracing history, we're going to have to go off of memory for now. Between all the people here that shouldn't be too hard to recover the awards from S23-S33.

The season will be starting shortly and I can 100% guarantee that we are pushing on as if nothing has happened as much as we can. If hiccups occur we will deal with them as they come.