Claimed: Well, Now This Seems Late

Phil

Well, Now This Seems Late

giphy.gif

Over the past few weeks, Shankly has becomes more and more motivated to get up and train hard. It has so far culminated by finished off the Toronto Legion with a series winning goal, delivered just 7 minutes into the first period of Game 4.

“It was really a great feeling [to score]. I mean it always is. But when it’s in the playoffs and after the final whistle you’re handed the game puck and you realize that it was the goal that won us the series, it was really surprisingly special to me.”

The Legion, who were always going to lose this series, has a very young team with not much depth, but they will certainly be looking like a force to be reckoned with in the next couple of seasons. They put up a valiant effort and earned much respect around the league. The VHL, however, is unforgiving and now looks to the Conference Finals. In the North American Conference (the only one that matters in Shankly’s eyes) will be the New York Americans taking on the Quebec City Meute. This reporter is at work at the moment, and his firewall prevents him from looking at the regular season stats, so he cannot fact check but I believe Quebec won the season series over New York, making Quebec the favourites, but the two-peat Champions have such depth that it could play out very differently in this different beast called the playoffs. New York are full of hitters and scorers, while Quebec embrace a more fluidly, small forward tactic. It worked in the regular season but will it suffice in the playoffs?

“I’m going to fight at least one poon a game,” Motherfucker Sharpe @JardyB10announced yesterday.

“I am going to sexually harass at least one player each game,” Diana Maxwell @Street x Lite stated

“I will be lit af,” Bobby Digital @gorlab explained. Well actually, he didn’t explain it. We have no idea what that means but we’re taking it as he will try to be a force of much gusto.

As for Shankly, he will do his best to hit as many Quebecois off the puck as possible, drive hard to the net and smash in any rebounds or wait for a pass from Ravenwing to come in. He’ll be throwing his body in front of pucks to help out Holik on the powerplays and during defensive plays and throwing smack talk from the bench during his rests. He is so psyched for this series.

No matter how this series turned out, it should be a good one. These are the two top teams in North America going head to head in a 7-game series. This is what hockey and the playoffs are all about. This is what we live for! Catch Game 1 tonight. Catch it exclusively on VHL TV today.