Claimed: Reinholdt Confident Ahead of Elimination Game

Devise

Season 54 marked the first time Verner Reinholdt saw World Cup action. The round robin has just ended, and elimination games are set to take place later tonight. Reinholdt and his Team Scandinavia are set to face Team Mercenaries in the first elimination game, and Reinholdt says he and his team are pretty confident heading into the game tonight. Reinholdt himself also had a relatively strong tournament. Sitting third on his team in points, just under a point per game margin with a game winner to his credit. While he may not be the dealbreaker that he hopes to be quite yet, he's certainly not a detriment to his club in any serious capacity. The most important aspect his coaches have liked is his compete level. Consistent shot totals, hits, shots blocked. He's engaged and involved in almost every game. And as he continues to get onto the scoreboard and completes that package you could have a real special player here. 

Yeah y'know it's been a fun tournament. I've enjoyed it. You never know heading into these things how your going to hold up. For me it was even more difficult because I'm an older guy only rising my way back into that higher level of competition. Plus I've played international competitions before, so I do have a bit of a experience edge there. But we've had a couple of bad games, we've had some good ones, we've grown a lot. I really think we can handle Team Mercenaries. Our goal is of course to medal, that is the most important thing. It's something that as a group I know we think we are capable of doing. Canada and US they are the top teams that everyone puts their money on but in a tournament like this, with this kind of format and structure. Anything can happen in these elimination game scenarios. A bunch of guys on our team are known game changers who have proven history. For me personally I'm just happy to be contributing and seeing myself slot into this World Cup team not just for now but also for the future as well. It's been a fun distraction to get my mind off what has been going on. 

Verner is of course referring to the ongoing inner turmoil between him and Calgary Wranglers GM @eaglesfan036 Eagles has recently made some trades to try to improve the Wranglers chances of competing not only down the road but this season. We asked Verner if he had any words of comment for us regarding the moves made, and whether or not he has changed his mind. But his focus seemed to be solely on the World Cup. 

Oh absolutely trust the process or whatever that is. But my situation with that club remains my situation with that club. Maybe one day I'll wake up and breath a sigh of fresh air out of it, maybe. But who knows. For now I am not thinking about it at all. We have an elimination game tonight, this is the World Cup. There are real matters here that have more to do with some process. And for that matter I'll put my trust where it should always matter most. The teammates around you who matter and make a difference out there.