Is Guntis Petenis a Slobodzian award winner with the lowest TPE count? 

hedgehog337

So?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The recent award ceremony saw Guntis Petenis claiming three awards: 

Sterling Labatte - best defenseman

Scott Campbell - most valuable player

Brett Slobodzian - most outstanding player

You can say what you want about that third award, like he didn't even deserve that as there were more outstanding performances (DeGrath or Maxwell), but at end of the day Gunča won it. But that's not what I was trying to say...I checked all Slobodzian award winners yesterday and obviously I saw the players who were truly great during their era and then one question popped into my head: Is Guntis Petenis a Slobodzian award winner with the lowest TPE count? Like I know you gotta work hard to achieve that feat - something 700 TPE is a must nowadays. But there came a 520-530 TPE guy who suddenly started to tear shit up only because I finally added some points into scoring. Probably there were even ''worse'' players at TPE wise who did that also (probably S11-20 times, idk) and I guess the league veterans knows better. 

But it's still funny - I never worked hard and then my player won three very big awards when I didn't even expect it. I just could say that I gave up my S54 RIG 1st for these awards lol. 

1 TPE goes to Krīgars

11 minutes ago, Higgins said:

That's nice but

you are the first defenseman to win MVP since I joined the VHL in 2011

Not many did it before you joined, either. Petenis is just the third (Tomas Jenskovic and Patrick Bergqvist being the other two).