Boeser Is What?

Calm Down, Boes

Boeser's first VHL steps have been quite spectacular for the young rookie over in Toronto. Playing for the Legion was always his destination as a 'GM Player', but how things would turn out was the question that everyone was asking. Well, he's answering that question, and answering it with flying colours.

Being only 14 games into the season, I'm not instantly jumping on the Bo Bandwagon, that's for sure. We are super early into his career, but so far, he is not showing any signs of slowing down. At the 14 game mark, he is 2nd in the VHL in points with 24. That is right behind Franchise Cornerstone's 25. Bo Boeser is surrounded on the point board with talent like Tyson Kohler, John Locke, Theo Axelsson, and even his own teammate Roman Sokolov. Boeser is definitely putting his name on the map in a big way early on in his career, and the VHL will surely keep an eye on that.

Over in the goals column, Boeser is tied in 4th with Pietro Maximoff with 11 goals. That's obviously some good company. Cornerstone leads the way with 14, John Locke with 13, with three players tied with 12 goals being Unassisted, Tyson Kohler, and Marc-Alexandre Leblanc.

In the assists category, Bo Boeser is up there in the rankings as well. He sits in 3rd, tied with 4 others with 13 assists. Quebec City's Lukas Muller is in 1st with 19 assists, with the 2nd place guy, Lee King Snatch having 18. Boeser has already become quite the passer for Toronto it seems, with scoring teammates on the roster such as Roman Sokolov, Verner Reinholdt, and Austin Hickey.

------------------------------------

9977998-nhl-florida-panthers-at-toronto-

------------------------------------

Looking at all of the rookies in the VHL, Bo Boeser leads the way, and by a lot. With his 24 points, that is already 10 more than Lyle Smallwood's 14, which is 2nd in rookies. Boeser's rookie teammate Verner Reinholdt has 12 points, mostly assists, and the Legion are hoping that can pick up.

In the less focused categories, we'll take a gander at some of those. Bo Boeser already has 2 hat-tricks, which leads the VHL. He also has played the most minutes in the VHL, which maybe lessens the hype around him, while being a lot more relied upon than other top end players. Furthermore, he's sitting on a 3 game goal scoring streak, and a 4 game point streak, which are some of the tops in the league too.

Did I expect Boeser to have such a hot start? Not really. I never expected any kind of Zach Parechkin-like numbers from him, but it's nice to see that I can bring another quality player to the VHL. Parechkin always had a player like Max Molholt by his side, and now with Bo Boeser sitting in that centerman position that Molholt was in, he has some shoes to fill. Here's to hoping that Reinholdt can be the Parechkin to my Molholt, and we can string together a dynamic duo with Sokolov and Lane on the back end for the future.