Claimed: Wranglers Make the Playoffs!

Is the Process Over?

Things got tight at the end of the season as Toronto went on a run and almost caught up, but I am happy to say that the Calgary Wranglers have made the playoffs. While Calgary realistically has like a 1% chance of winning the cup, we did not want to tank like Cologne, because tanking is for losers. It is fun to make the playoffs again, as being a crappy rebuilding team got pretty old. In this article I will talk about some of the key reasons we made the playoffs so enjoy. 

Goaltending:

@Higgins is the number one reason why we made the playoffs. Jacob had a quite respectable 0.926 save percentage, one that most year's would be considered outstanding, but this is the year of the goaltender. There were many games this season that Jacob stole for us, where we would get outshot by 20 shots or so and win 2-1. I would also like to point out that among goalies with at least 29 penalty shots against, Jabob had the best penalty shot save percentage so bravo to him! We appreciate Jacob being patient with the process so far, and hopefully next season we can give him full support so his goaltending no longer has to carry us.

The Big Three:

The Wranglers unfortuneatly don't have much depth, but they do have three top players who can at least compete with other teams' first lines. Those three players are Travis Gowecy, Felix Savard, and Marc-Alexandre Leblanc. Despite only playing in 66 games because he was busy converting people to the process, Gowecny lead the team with 72 points, and had the most goals with 37. Next in points was Felix Savard, which is very impressive considering that @Frank is only a rookie. I feel like Savard has a legitimate case for rookie of the year, as he was 4th among rookies in points, but was a defensemen, making it much harder to earn points than the forwards above him. Savard lead the entire league in powerplay goals, showing off his prowess as the quarterback of the powerplay with a blistering slapshot. Lastly, @Pandar led the team with a -1 +/-, showing he can put up points even when having to be paired with some scrubs. His 33 goals were 2nd most on the team, and though he is a quiet member around the boards his play and tpe earning is underrated. While Gowecny will unfortunately be gone next season, Savard and Leblanc should make for great pieces of Calgary's core for seasons to come.

So that pretty much sums up how Calgary got this far. Great goaltending and a few great individual performances. Jim Lahey and Journeyman have performed about as expected as below-average depth players, and Luca Volkov has only been with the team for a few games so far. Next season though, we have lots of youth coming up, some picks to trade, and some great core pieces already. I am excited! Trust the Process

Edited by eaglesfan036

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: Wranglers Make the Playoffs!