Draft Buzz

Quik

Yukon, Canada- With mock drafts starting to come out for the S57 VHL Entry Draft, fans and players alike are taking notice as to what directions their favourite teams and players will go come draft time. Along with that, media has already started approaching players and asking what ideas they have about their futures, as the season passed the 1/3 mark recently. Reporters asked the Yukon Rush's 2 top prospects, Chase Keller and Mats Johnsson, about their ideas of the draft, and got some interesting replies.

Reporter: Chase, where would you like to play when you move on to the next level?

CK: Obviously, making the VHL will be a dream come true. I obviously have my preferences, but will play at least my rookie contract with whichever team takes me.

R: It's been said you might not report if Cologne drafts you?

CK: That's technically not a question. But Like I said, if they take me, I'll play my standard rookie years with them.

R: Mats, what about you, do you care what spot you are chosen?

MJ: Not really, if I go high, that's cool, if not, that means I'm probably going to a contender, right?

R: What about preferences? Any ideas on where you want to play?

MJ: My agent and I have some ideas. There's only one team I don't want to play for, but I won't say which that is. If they contact me, I'll definitely let them know.

R: And if that team does pick you?

MJ: I will sign a 1-year ELC with whichever team drafts me. If they're the team that picks me, that's fine, but no matter who picks me I won't be signing for longer than 1 season to start my VHL career.

17 hours ago, KGR said:

Even if you sign a 1 year deal bud, I think you become an RFA.

Yes, I know that. But it still provides options. Or storylines. Either way, still not going to sign a multi season deal

22 hours ago, KGR said:

Even if you sign a 1 year deal bud, I think you become an RFA.

RFA though doesn't really control their full future. They are still bound to contract rules in regards to rights. Thus an RFA doesn't control much besides their first year

4 hours ago, Quik said:

Yes, I know that. But it still provides options. Or storylines. Either way, still not going to sign a multi season deal

Fair enough

15 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

RFA though doesn't really control their full future. They are still bound to contract rules in regards to rights. Thus an RFA doesn't control much besides their first year

I know. Was just informing him. The way he said things in here made it sound like he could.