VHLM Unpredictability

Kendrick

There has been much talk recently about the VHLM and the activity of General Managers. I am here to give a cut and dry perspective of my experiences in the VHLM over time and my more recent experiences there as well. Currently Chase Keller is on the Yukon Rush and if it wasn't for @Bushito doing something he isn't even paid to do, our team would be worse than we are. We are in 5th place and we are managed by a guy who is largely inactive. This isn't a new thing as Laflamme (Kuzie) has gone inactive before in this league, but it's frustrating more now because he holds an important position.

Let this be clear to those who are hiring: People who come back and say "Oh I went inactive in the past but I'm back for good!" will majority of the time continue on their inactive ways. Yes personal life comes up and gets in the way and we understand that, but these are the same people who never bring that up with anyone and give warning to their teams.

I was the GM in Ottawa last season and we had a pretty active Locker-Room which is now run by @Beaviss. Beaviss was a blessing in that Locker-Room as well and Jardy (who mentioned he won't be as hands-on) even chimed in with help and direction for the young people. So far what I've seen Jardy do last season and before that has been more hands-on than Laflamme and it was in a more limited role.

Let's not kid ourselves here, the VHLM is the path to the future and if you want it to stick around we need to be hiring people who actually want the job, not just the title.

#RantOver

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

There has been much talk recently about the VHLM and the activity of General Managers. I am here to give a cut and dry perspective of my experiences in the VHLM over time and my more recent experiences there as well. Currently Chase Keller is on the Yukon Rush and if it wasn't for @Bushito doing something he isn't even paid to do, our team would be worse than we are. We are in 5th place and we are managed by a guy who is largely inactive. This isn't a new thing as Laflamme (Kuzie) has gone inactive before in this league, but it's frustrating more now because he holds an important position.

Let this be clear to those who are hiring: People who come back and say "Oh I went inactive in the past but I'm back for good!" will majority of the time continue on their inactive ways. Yes personal life comes up and gets in the way and we understand that, but these are the same people who never bring that up with anyone and give warning to their teams.

I was the GM in Ottawa last season and we had a pretty active Locker-Room which is now run by @Beaviss. Beaviss was a blessing in that Locker-Room as well and Jardy (who mentioned he won't be as hands-on) even chimed in with help and direction for the young people. So far what I've seen Jardy do last season and before that has been more hands-on than Laflamme and it was in a more limited role.

Let's not kid ourselves here, the VHLM is the path to the future and if you want it to stick around we need to be hiring people who actually want the job, not just the title.

#RantOver

Maybe they all went on strike and I didn't get the notice :(