thinking ahead [1/2]

Tyler

LA-Kings-NHL-hockey-600x373.jpg

Davos has a new GM

Sometimes you want to go out on top. Sometimes however you have an urge to come back and try and repeat what you did once before. I didn't want to come back to GMing when I first came back to the league. It wasn't at all my intention. However once not one, not two but three GM jobs opened up at the same time I had to put my hand up. Davos is one of the teams in the league I personally have little to no connection with. I may have had players play for them before, but never any of my favourite players from what I remember. That said, it remains one of the most relevant and successful teams in the entire league so it is in one sense an honor to GM the team. 

The team is one win away now from the Continental Championship which basically means they are one win away from being the best team in the league. To say there's a bit of pressure on me is an understatement. I have a few questions I need to decide, do we rebuild now? Do I try and trade Trombone (forced trade due to GM rule) for a player that can help now or can I try and get a few draft picks or prospects? It isn't easy to come to the conclusion here and I am still debating it back and forth in my head. On one hand, no one wants to eat off someone elses plate, and the last thing I want to do is be a cup winning GM from @Smarch's team. At the same time, there isn't going to be a huge overhaul unless I force one. In the end, I think it's time to rebuild after this season. It isn't a slight on the team as it still has players in their primes or entering it. However if I want full value for players like Shawn Gretzky, Diana Maxwell and Peter Quill, I am going to have to take direction right here and right now. 

I have had some discussions with almost all the GM's competing this year in terms of gauging value and it seems as if a few of the players have a lot of heated interest. I am obviously can't discuss anything in any real terms, but it seems likely that some trades will come out soon after Game 7 tomorrow night or early Monday. Davos is a team that deserves a lot of success and it's looking good for the team in the short term with the team being just one win away from the Continental Cup. In order to set them up for the long term moving out some of our veteran or in their prime players may be the best option for the future of the franchise. We should be set in net with Burger King coming in as a Season 58 player. I've had success with a goalie as my GM player before, and I feel confident I can make a good goalie again this time around. Things are looking good for Davos in the short term, now it's up to me to make sure the team can do it in the long run.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

To guarantee that he has a goalie for the future he can trust. Plus some are getting old, aka Skye and DeGOAT.

Broduer an kennsignton this draft alone. I mean i get it sorta, but i think he coulda used that asset elsewhere. Especially if he does blow it up(not sure why he would but im not him) gumna have plenty of picks

Edited by Gooningitup

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

Broduer an kennsignton this draft alone. I mean i get it sorta, but i think he coulda used that asset elsewhere. Especially if he does blow it up(not sure why he would but im not him) gumna have plenty of picks

Kensington will be retiring and Brodeur isn't certain of his future now due to Tyler's goalie.