Q roaring back [1/2]

jRuutu

view-of-old-quebec-from.jpg

VHL and the season 57 is getting close to reaching the 30 game mark, wont be long until we are at half way after that, so important times for many teams, extremely crucial to stay focused and take every game like it´s the last one of the year. Quite easy to take your feet of the pedal if you lose and realize that there is still a lot of games left, that is a mistake that will in the worst case cost you a place in the playoffs. Like that one old guy once said: losses early in the year will cost you at the end.

We are at least in the North American division enjoying perhaps the closest start in a long time, the difference between first team and the last team is only 10 points. That is amazing especially when you look the same number from European division, over there the difference between number one and last team is nasty 49 points. Even the difference between first and third team is 36 points in European side, so safe to say the most dramatic events will more than likely happen in North America.

Shop-Close-Icon.png

Tough to say if there is any single reason why North America is so tight, is it just the fact that Riga is so much better than rest of the teams in Europe and schedule has been easier or tougher for some teams than to others? Helsinki is 2nd at the moment and they would be 2nd in North America as well with their 37 points, but only six points ahead the last placed team in the NA division. Anyways, I don´t know if the current division point totals and rankings are anything too important in the bigger picture when going forward, only just reaching 30 games played, so a lot can still happen even in the North American division, but I´m still going to say we should absolutely go find ways to make tight divisions happen every year and hope the top and last team stay as close to each other as possible. Make playoff spot battles be a thing all the way to end of the regular season.

Calvin-Harris-Well-Be-Coming-Back.jpg

To end this article I would like to say few words as a Quebec Meute player, I hate you all - we are coming to take our spot as the number one. Not been an easy ride after the cup victory, but we are getting there, slowly and steadily. Roster has changed quite heavily from the cup winning team and new tactical ideas have come into the picture because of that and of course the tough training camp we went through did have an effect on our start, but I can honestly say we have been playing better and better in each sim, I reckon it wont be long until we catch Calgary in the standings, when that happens, they will stay behind us for rest of the year.

What comes down to playoffs, we still got multiple guys in the roster who were here last last year and few new veteran players who also know what winning in the playoff takes, so I´m feeling good about our future!

• 1 month later...

REVIEW:

Well, the first part of your prediction was correct - Quebec finished as a NA champ once again. BOW DOWN TO SKYE!!! As for the finals...I'm not sure about your optimism, at least my team will do everything to upset you once again after you already failed to reach the playoffs with the Philly :P But hey, four finals in a row isn't bad regardless. 

@jRuutu

6 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

REVIEW:

Well, the first part of your prediction was correct - Quebec finished as a NA champ once again. BOW DOWN TO SKYE!!! As for the finals...I'm not sure about your optimism, at least my team will do everything to upset you once again after you already failed to reach the playoffs with the Philly :P But hey, four finals in a row isn't bad regardless. 

@jRuutu

I´m coming after you, keep your head up  in game six ;)