Claimed: Shankly Will Help Riga Win [1/2]

Phil

Shankly Will Help Riga Win

DMnCdiV.gif

“Sometimes, I watch the NHL on TV and wonder, well now, why am I not there? Then I look at my shooting percentage and remember that, oh yeah, it’s because I’m shit.”

Phil Shankly is not quite on top of the world but at least you can’t say that he isn’t modest. His hardest critic is himself and his teammates have all but given up on telling him to perk up. The former Boulet winner with 95 scoring has just 11 goals this season and an abysmal 4.6% shooting average. But because this is a simulation, it really should be expected that in the coming sims that he will get a few goals. And even if not, there’s always next season and he still is on a competitive team with big hopes of winning not just the Victory Cup but also the Continental Cup.

Of course, Shankly’s never taken losing well. His father recounted a story of when he was 5 and playing football (soccer) back home in England that apparently he took his shoe off after his goalie made a terrible mistake and let in a simple shot, and started beating him with it. Now do not worry @Kendrick, we here at VHL do not believe that Shankly will now pull a Happy Gilmore and take his skate off and try to stab King with it, mostly because it is Shankly’s play and his play alone that is causing him such angst.  

Shankly’s career to this point has been lackluster from an individual stand point. Generally, the teams he plays on have both been competitive and he even won a Continental Cup in New York, and so if he were to help Riga on to victory as well, he would be considered quite a player to have on a competitive team, despite only winning the one Boulet. He should at least be able to take solace in that.

So from now on, the comments in the game threads will continue to be just his updated shooting percentage and shooting statistics, mostly because it’s funny how the STHS works, but it will not be out of sadness or frustration. It will be out of irony. His primary focus is not on winning the Continental Cup, and he will do everything in his power to get there. Hopefully, he can continue hitting everyone and try to break the 400-hit mark, however he has a long, long way to go to get there but hey, it’s something to shoot for! (oh my that was a bad pun to make in Shankly’s presence).

So until next week where I will probably try to do a podcast and fail miserably, I will see you all later. Peace.

• 1 month later...

REVIEW:

- Phil indeed hadn't the best season, like I mentioned in your last article

- But then 426 hits happened

- The finals Game 5 clutch GWG > everything

- three-time champ now

So it's all good. Here's to hope we're gonna get another one this season. 

@Phil

Edited by hedgehog337

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Shankly Will Help Riga Win [1/2]