Next player

diamond_ace

So there will likely be another player coming from the diamond_ace agency on Monday when preseason retirements happen so I can keep Hrdina for S58. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with this player, not entirely sure at the moment actually, I've made a few kinds of players and had varying degrees of success with each. I've made two defensive defensemen, Lars Intranquilo (who was almost obsessively defensive and ended up being pretty useless) and Kerkko Hyvarinen (who was a little more normally built, still defensive but like a normal person would build who isn't me - he had a moderate degree of success compared to his TPE level which was about half of Intranquilo). I've made two centers, Clark Marcellin (objectively my best player, became defense for the last few seasons of his career, but honestly felt a little weird as during Marcellin was also my prime as GM, so he was always kind of secondary to the team in terms of interest) and Vaclav Hrdina, my current player who obviously can't become much even if I ran him out to the end (a player in the early-mid 100s entering depreciation is never a great idea). I've had a goalie, Martin Brookside (the next best after Marcellin in terms of sim success).

I haven't made an offensive defenseman, mostly because I don't really believe they should be a thing, I consider them wingers who lined up wrong... which brings me to the other thing I haven't made, a winger. I've generally felt wingers were the most overfull position because new people tend to want to be the showy scoring guy for the sake of interest, so I've tended to stay away from them for the sake of balance. At this time, however, it seems as though there's actually not an overpopulation of wingers, so if I'm ever going to make one, this would be the time. I could be kind of a combo scoring/physical guy if I want, that might be interesting. I could also go back to my favorite position, defensive defenseman, and try to find some sort of balance between a TPE level higher than Hyvarinen and a sim success higher than Intranquilo. Definitely not doing goalie in the current market, and honestly I'd rather not be at the one position where I have to be the guy.

OR I could give it one additional season since the first depreciation isn't really that bad - I just don't want to see the guy whittled down when he barely got built up. Honestly if it wasn't for depreciation I'd be tempted to finish out Hrdina's career just to see what would happen

Edited by diamond_ace