Roman Sokolov Retires

Beketov

• Commissioner

My first try as a defenseman; even if I wound up changing in my last season. I know I could have had one more year but Dollar knew this was coming early anyway. I'm just not enjoying Sokolov anymore. He's been frustrating pretty much since the beginning; having random slumps every single season for no reason. Honestly I enjoyed him for awhile more than I thought I would but at the end of the day it's time for a change. Hopefully Toronto can pull it out this season and Sokolov can end on top in something for once.

Thank you @DollarAndADream for putting your faith in me all these seasons. Wish I could have produced more for you but I did what I could.

Even with your slumps, Sokolov was always a great defenseman for Toronto. A career deserving of a cup, at the very least. I hope I we can give you that this season. My faith in you was never questioned. Thanks for sticking around for the long haul. You definitely helped my Toronto franchise become competitive quickly being the #1 D to go alongside my #1 C in Boeser and #1 G in Ironside. I had all 3 set from the get-go.

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Would have been better as a D imo. A great 1st D is hard to find

Federov made the same move

And while I needed to be a D I was fine staying there. I didn’t move because I wanted the glory. I moved because I felt like the team needed a stronger offensive punch this season. Jokinen was already in to hold down the fort as our top D, we didn’t need me for it.