Claimed: a pas de deux [1/2]

Arthur

I groaned when i heard my cell phone chime once again, indicating to me there was an incoming notification. The twitter chirp was clearly recognisable and i honestly had no interest at this point to look at it. I knew ahead of time from who this message was and i knew it wouldn't be a good one. Since being traded to the Las Vegas Aces, it seems i felt in the aim of Otto Axelsson.

It all started when i got my 50th win of the season. I received a bunch of tweets, especially from teammates, congratulating me for the victory. But that wasn't the case with everyone. I remember a quite nasty tweet from Axelsson totally out of the blue. The tweet read exactly the following:

From @OAxelsson

"@Iseult_Rush Are you sure you are not counting your wins in NHL18?"

Sure we can probably argue for a moment that its playful chirps, but when it's literally your first interaction with the person, it's a bit unsettling. I didn't help the case with my replies however and it's been a few weeks that we are going back and forth insulting each other.

Like i mentioned, it’s to the point i dont really want to check my cell phone anymore. Yeah, i know i could just not answer back to him, but i’m not letting him step on me like that without reacting. If it was only twitter, maybe i wouldn’t get so pissed about it, but it’s also starting to be chirping on the ice and cheap shot from him.

I remember one of the game we had last week against the Aces. Once again, i was doing my best to not let any goals in. He was rushing toward the net with a teammate in tows. He passed the puck to the other guy and instead of moving away, Axelsson decided to snow me while the other forward tried to shoot to the net. This is not a move that my teammates appreciated as i remember one of them shaking a bit the Aces center.

I think, however, that he remembers to not step into my crease during a game. He was trying to screen me and at one point, he got a bit too much into my face. I had enough and pushed him further away with my stick. Maybe a bit harder than i was thinking it would be as he ended up falling on the ice, but the blue paint is sacred.

I’m not too sure how to handle the situation going forward. To an extend, we can’t let this devolve more than it already is, just in case i end up being his teammate in a few months. However, i also don’t want to be the one to raise the white flag.

I guess this might be something that will end up being fixed during the championship. Hopefully the Aces manage to win their series and we end up meeting in the finals were i’ll be able to shut Otto Axelsson once and for all.

510 words

• 2 months later...