Cornerstone will win the Campbell and the Slobo [1/2]

boubabi

Image result for connor mcdavid awards

So since my computer is rendering frames for 36 hours straight, I can’t do shot on my computer for the moment, however, opening a new word document seems to be reasonable for my cpu. So here I am, talking about my players again. I wouldn’t think that I would need to build a case for Cornerstone considering how dominant he was, but since human being like Kendrick still exist in this league, I can’t rely on no one to build a case for me. Shit, I wouldn’t be surprise to see people voting for players like Sokolov or Kinkaid just to NOT vote for one of my player. It happened, and it will happen again unfortunately. So instead of letting that happen, I will just build my usual case for MVP with valid arguments (like stats and pts %), and not BS arguments like : “without that player blah blah blah” or “well this is my opinion and no opinion is wrong” amirite diamond_ace ?

Anyway, I’ll compare what is comparable, which is non-goalie position. The 2-obvious contender are Franchise Cornerstone and Bo Boeser, so let’s see what kind of stats they had this season.

Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) 67G 66A 133PTS +65 202PIM 341HIT 25SB 14GWG 59FO%

Bo Boeser (TOR) 57G 71A 128PTS +55 39 PIM 121HIT 49SB 11GWG 54FO%

So lets start the analysis of the team they played with. For Cornerstone, he played with the Helsinki Titans who finished with 98 points, for the 3rd league’s best. They managed to score 220 goals for 2nd best in the league and allowed 165 goals for the 4th lowest amount in the league. The 55 goals differential was 2nd best in the league.

For Toronto and Bo Boeser, they finished with 110 points for the highest total in the league. Their 249 goals scored are also a league high and they finished 2nd for goals against with 149. Their goal differential was also first in the league with an incredible 100 goals mark. Both team had success this season and let’s see how those 2 players managed to help their team.

Starting with the reigning MVP, Franchise Cornerstone scored 67 goals, which is 30.4 % of every goal scored by Helsinki. With his 133 pts, he was on the score sheet for 60,45% of every goal scored by the Titans by either scoring or passing.  41 wins came either in regulation or OT for Helsinki, and with his 14 GWG, that’s 34% of every winning goal scored for the team. He also leads his team (and the league) in hits with 341 and faceoff percentage with 59%.

Bo Boeser also had a fantastic season stat wise, lets see how he did for his team. With 57 goals scored, he scored 22,9 % of every goal scored by Toronto. His 128 pts was also good for 51,4% of every goal scored by the Legion. 48 wins came in regulation or in OT for the Legion, and Boeser 11 GWG was good for 23% of every game winning goals. Boeser led his team in faceoff% with 54% and was 4th in hits with 121.

If it matters to you, its also interesting to see how many times the 2 players received the 1st star in the games they played. For Cornerstone, he led the league with 20 first star and Boeser is next with 13 first star.

Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) 67G(30,4%) 66A 133PTS (60,45%) +65 202PIM 341HIT 25SB 14GWG (34%) 59FO%

Bo Boeser (TOR) 57G (22,9) 71A 128PTS(51,4%) +55 39 PIM 121HIT 49SB 11GWG (23%) 54FO%

The stats aren’t lying. I mean, both players had a fantastic season, but Cornerstone surpassed Boeser in every important category. Even if it was close, Cornerstone also lead the league in hits, which is a huge huge plus. If the voters have some remaining integrity, the vote should be easy and not much discussion. Cornerstone get the MVP award for a 2nd season with 100% of the votes. However, we all know someone won’t vote for Cornerstone in the bunch because of the obvious and obnoxious bias he has toward me, but hey, that’s his problem if he wants to make a fool of himself.

The Scotty Campbell should go smoothly as well for Cornerstone considering he led the league in every much important category to consider. Of course, you’ll have the NY boys club who will vote for a .930 goaltender, but again, it will only expose how bias, incompetent and how little integrity they have. Public voting is a joke, but I guess it will take years for the league’s administration to see that.

Anyway, 3 MVP for Cornerstone in the last 4 seasons (if I’m not wrong) is kinda good. It will be his first ever Campbell, which is nice.

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Cornerstone will win the Campbell and the Slobo [1/2]